Daily Check-in: January 12, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in: January 12, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up very early again this morning. I have a dress wash in the washer. Towels will go in next.

I need to empty the dishwasher and reload it. I have a dress wash in the dryer, a towel was in the washer.

I checked yesterday, and my bank statement was ready so I did it. Today I got the email telling me it was ready.

I need to mail my request for an absentee ballot in this morning

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

This morning was cool by Florida standards but it has already warmed up. I’m still wearing shorts.

I plan to stay home today and mostly work on my puzzle interspersed with a few chores and decluttering. I’ve already identified a few more items of clothing to donate.

At Christmas I only sent half of my cards. I wasn’t in the mood to write notes after losing Pippi. So today I’ll try to get at least one note written to a friend (former neighbor) in the north.

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Was up early this morning, but I did go to bed early. Had my emails read and my exercise done before 7A.

Took a 45 minute phone call from my sister and then created a list of stores/stops I had to go out and make today. I had to bring back two orders for return, both dropped off at different locations, go to CVS to use some ECBs, put gas in the car and on to two grocery stores. Was starving when I got back a few minutes ago so I at the tuna sandwich (store bought tuna) I had intended for tonight and will switch my salad and hard boiled egg for dinner tonight.

Now to take the receipts and put them in my finance program.

I started a new ebook yesterday titled "59 Memory Lane" which I believe I ordered from a suggestion from BookBub a while back. It's about a woman who is 110 years old who has a secret that no one has ever found out. I've only read 3 chapters but it has me intrigued.

Well off to update my finance records.

Hae a wonderful day.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

GUESS WHAT?!! I have 22C or 73F!! It lasted over night so this may not be a fluke!! Yesterday I couldn't check in as I had heating guys and &#@!, the caretaker, in and out all day. By about 2:30 pm they went down into the crawl space, AGAIN, and came up about half an hour later to check my heating pipes. There was heat!! &#@! came in and said that they had drained some pipes of clogs in the crawl space. I said, "I thought they did that last week?!!" So, whatever the case, it appears I have heat! Although at 0C yesterday, it wasn't fighting much of a cold snap. I told &#@! we will know it is working if when it gets to -35 for over 2 weeks again it stays warm in here! He agreed.

I watched the Georgia Bulldogs defeat the Alabama Crimson Tide! In fact, I bothered poor Patty, on FB messenger, and we kinda watched the game together messaging back and forth about plays and then? The crotch grabbing on the half-time video. Can they stop doing that now?? It was a lot of fun and quite a few giggles, at least from me up here! Poor Patty now knows how much I holler during a football game! LOL :mrgreen:

After all the heating guys had come in and out, Zoe and Emmitt came over and we got the Van started. I drove it to a little town about 25 minutes from Brandon and back to hopefully charge up the battery. It started so easily with the warmer weather. I hope it starts again today when I go out to check it. We are waiting on an email from an autoparts store to get a battery blanket. I found that in town and am on their list. Zoe shopped across Canada and couldn't find one that was as reasonably prices and most were sold out even at the more expensive prices. We will get one of those when we get the notification it is in.

While the van may start and go today, I already had booked Auntie's Here! services to take me grocery shopping at Safeway. For $15.00 it's worth my peace of mind as I don't know yet that if I go somewhere in the van it will start once I get out of the store. She is going to help me get my groceries inside too since my shoulders still hurt so much. All in all, a good deal in my book. At least I'm not having to depend on anyone and can feel a wee bit independent for this one.

Once I get home with groceries, I can decide what to have for supper. It's really slim picken's around here currently. I did have a really nice breakfast though. I made some baking powdered biscuits and their was a jar of strawberry jam in my Christmas hamper so put the two together and lovely breakfast! VOILA!

Like Penny, I have to unload and load the dishwasher. I have garbage to drive to the top of the hill if the Van starts. Keep your fingers crossed!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Got gloomy for a while, but the sun is out again.

Tomorrow will be really warm! Almost 80!!

I tried to take a nap - didn't really sleep but did rest for about two hours. So feel better.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:41 am Maggie, when you can get out and walk. I know you are finding this hard, but being outside in the fresh air and sun really can perk you up. I am more of an introvert so this having to avoid the various variants is not really bothering me.

On your days off can you do Zoom meetings, or Facebook Rooms with friends that are farther away? They have been wonderful to use for us to see our sons when they can't make it home.
I think that you are so right about getting out !!!

I wish that DH would, of course to him "getting out" is me driving him to Mcdonlda for his breakfast and coffee.

IC