Daily Check-in: January 12, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check-in: January 12, 2022

Post by icfrugal1 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:12 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is a bit cooler today (was supposed to be much warmer than yesterday) but I still should be able to put on my cleats and head out for a walk. The last couple of days being able to be outside in the fresh air have been wonderful, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for a few more days of this weather.

We are supposed to get a large dump of snow come late Thursday or Friday of up to 5-6 inches, so I think I will be shopping a bit earlier than planned. Still close to the two week period of time though.

I am working on hand quilting and my that seems to take a very long time. I am not even half way around the outside edge. I also think that the idea of a frame that makes your regular sewing machine a long arm quilter might not be a bad idea.... Well if it didn't cost what it does that's for sure. This quilt is just too large to fit under the neck of my quilting machine and thus leaves me no choice but to hand quilt.

I finished one of the three scarves I want to complete last night before heading to bed, I will cast on the next tonight and hopefully get a good start on that one.

Now, as for what I didn't do last night. I didn't go to the meeting for Bible Study leaders, I just didn't feel like it and with the variant taking hold here in my city did not want to chance getting it. So I sent my regrets and have not heard a thing from Father or C. I am also waffling on if I want to be a leader for the next session. I might just take a break and relax for a change. Might just take the class on my own or if the program does not interest me, find a study online that does.

My to do list is fairly lengthy today, but most of the tasks are small. Except for one I plan on decluttering and organizing one set of my cupboards. This one holds baking supplies, large bowls, an appliance or two, plus has my junk drawer and silverware drawer. Could take a bit of time.

I also have to check and see if I need to make a loaf of bread or if that can be put off for a day or two.

The fliers come out today for the new grocery sale week starting Thursday so I will finish my list by seeing what I can get on sale to add to the pantry, and what is available for use in next months (or the next) menus.

Hopefully by the afternoon I will be hand quilting away and getting more done on the quilt before I put it away for awhile.

Supper tonight is going to be chili. Probably served with toast (means either baking bread today or early tomorrow). The good thing is I don't have to make it from scratch, I will just pull a container out of the fridge freezer to use up. Big batch cooking seems to work for me (as long as I don't forget what I have).

Today, I am grateful for my quiet and contemplative walks happening once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Container of bread dough? how far along is your bread before you freeze it?
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

MJ, I am so glad you have heat.

I had forgotten about the amount of packages that come in at the beginning of the semester. Today I had half a roomful of boxes to process and put away, and then go get and hand out as the students came for them. My back aches and I am really tired right now. Plus we are still checking in late arrivals who should have been here five days ago and dealing with students who went home for the holidays and their parents decided that their grades didn't warrant a second semester, so they've been moving their stuff out. It's been crazy town all week.

DS texted me that his friend, who he gives rides to and from work every day, is positive for the new variant of Covid, along with two of her co-workers. So he most likely has it. He doesn't have his test results back yet.

The number of students who are in isolation at home or on-campus has doubled in a day. It's up to 108 now. We have only nine isolating on campus because it caught so many right before they could come back to school, but things are going to get really bad before they get better.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:17 pm Container of bread dough? how far along is your bread before you freeze it?
every time Jackie mentions baking bread - the urge to get another break maker hits me strong!!! :mrgreen:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Our county covid count goes up by at least 100 every day!

The people that live across from the former parental home are infected.

I let my nephew and his family know - the ones that are living there now.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

IC, I joked on Facebook yesterday that my drive down to get an oil change and home was my version of "Hey, I went out today!", Seriously though, when its not too cold for my aches and pains I try to go out of the house as many days as possible (and not just to and fro. To sit in a coffee shop and read even if I'm alone, to walk, to whatever. Today I met for gourmet grilled cheese lunch (it was with raspberry amaretto jam!) I double cloth masked and those who had them work NK95s. Mine have been delayed in the mail.

For what it's worth I do think we will all get Covid eventually but that vaxxing and flu shots will severely lessen the proverbial pain.

MJ, so glad to hear you have heat hun. Like Penny (and probably you as well) with my pain level sixty six degrees is a thing of the past, no matter your temperature. If I'm bundled up I can let it go down to seventy at night. In the morning when I get up to pee and take my thyroid pill I kick it up, grab my coke and go under the covers again until it's to temp.

I've started using my fit bit reminder to exercise every hour and a half, get up and do house things, and only plan for the house things I can get done in that ten to twenty minute time each time. Also since my fibro starts around five to six at the latest I am only knitting or reading or doing tv them.

Today I placed a very large Walmart order thinking that I would only get half, especially of the meat, I got everything and my fridge and wallet are groaning. I spent 220.00 but that included vitamins and aspirin and generic tylenol medicine as well.

Tommorrow it's supposed to be sunny and warm. I may take a drive and also pick up a bag of fabric from someone in my buy nothing group.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Our county has 6,987 active cases and just had three more deaths.
Mackie