Daily Check In: January 13, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalaaron

Re: Daily Check In: January 13, 2022

Post by frugalaaron »

Just finished replacing the front struts and bumpstops on our sportwagon. I did a wheel-off inspection the other day, and discovered that the bumpstops on the front struts were pretty much non-existent. The struts visually looked ok (no leaking), but the car is 16 years old, so I figured it was time to replace them too. We have owned this car for over three years, and the struts have been bottoming out since day one. It will be good to not have to brace for a kerwham everytime we hit a pothole.

I will sleep well tonight. I was planning on this being a four hour job, but it took eight.

Hope everyone is doing well, considering the circumstances.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

What do you call those things you use on your bed that are like a pillow, but help you sit up with more support. I used to have a nice one - it had arm rests too.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:43 pm What do you call those things you use on your bed that are like a pillow, but help you sit up with more support. I used to have a nice one - it had arm rests too.
just found it - bedrest pillow. Also called a husband pillow! lol
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Speaking of pillows...

Anyone got any suggestions for an organic, side-sleeper pillow? I recently purchased a buckwheat pillow. It's really firm and supportive, but too noisy.

Anyone tried a wool pillow?

Just created a new Wool Pillow Thread in the Chat Room. Please reply there.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:43 pm What do you call those things you use on your bed that are like a pillow, but help you sit up with more support. I used to have a nice one - it had arm rests too.
They can also be called a bolster. Or at least that is what my parents called them when they had 4 made specially for my room downstairs when I was growing up.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I literally call mine, my sit up pillow