Daily Check In: January 13, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In: January 13, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Jackie and Mackie, hoping your sons have only mild cases; wish no one one had to go through this. It should have been under control by now.

MJ, glad to hear you finally have heat.

My sister has the luck of nothing. Yesterday she has a texting fight with her son because she needed some help with connecting her printer to her computer so she could get the necessary paperwork for her Medicaid and Food Stamp filings (they have her a tight deadline for filing) and he went off on her on how she treated him like dirt all his life and now expects him to drop what he's doing to help her; then pretty much told her to drop dead and never bother him again. She has never asked him for anything in his life. Then this morning, she comes out and the guy next to her side swiped her car, we think on purpose because she won't help him jump start his car although it's going to be charged as a hit and run because no one see him do it. But now she's got front end damage she needs to deal with on Florida plate car/insurance because she was going to take care of her car transfer after the above filings. I"m sure however that when he comes back there will be red paint all over his vehicle . . . more money she doesn't have. Does it ever end?

Milder today than it has been but they are predicting snow Monday into Tuesday now I think; it was originally Sunday night into Monday.

Today I have my Thursday Zoom bingo and will probably read some more of my book. I might also make a call to one of my friends after bingo.

Well, gonna run for now. Have a nice day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

nice sunny day. Supposed to be warm today

Slept okay. I finally got up at 9. Now i was mostly just resting my eyes. The pets have been out already - 7am!

I've had one cup of coffee and will probably eat some oat meal for breakfast.

They have a crochet class at the library and I ordered a kit. So might go this afternoon.

Trying to be more active.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I should go to the crafting classes my library has and such more than I do.

So people, my kid gave me codes for both Apple TV and Hulu. If you have them what do you watch. Not in love with the Ted Lasso thing.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

woah - tried to order wet canned food for the cats through Chewy - their favorite is out of stock and so are several others!

Hope they like what I had to order.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning,

Went to work yesterday to learn my class was closed. While there I got a call from the district office to report to another location for pre-K. It was a bit of a drive so it took me over 20 minutes to get there. In the meantime the teacher there closed her class before she knew I was coming. So I went home and the district office called. Told me another site needed help for the PM class. So I went there. While we were out for recess my son called me to tell me he had just tested positive for covid. So I was sent to the school nurse to be tested. Results came out negative. I finished my shift then went home totally exhausted. After giving a lot of thought I contacted the district office and the site I was at yesterday to let them know I was staying in. I could still be getting covid from DS since I live with him and also since I am diabetic felt the need for extra precaution. This morning would have involved being with up to 24 students in a small classroom which I felt would be unsafe for everyone. I will be out of work until Wednesday as it stands. I plan to get retested again on Tuesday. If the results are still negative I will consider that the all clear to return to work.

So for the next five days I will quarantine to be on the safe side. I am all vaxxed and boostered so if I do catch covid I should at least be able to avoid hospitalization. DS has had it for a few days and so far it has been mild for him even though he has not gotten his booster yet. I am not feeling that great so will rest up and take it easy. I hope all of you stay warm and safe. Rumor has it that this latest virus should be subsiding by the end of the month.

Bev
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Beverley wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:11 pm Good morning,

Went to work yesterday to learn my class was closed. While there I got a call from the district office to report to another location for pre-K. It was a bit of a drive so it took me over 20 minutes to get there. In the meantime the teacher there closed her class before she knew I was coming. So I went home and the district office called. Told me another site needed help for the PM class. So I went there. While we were out for recess my son called me to tell me he had just tested positive for covid. So I was sent to the school nurse to be tested. Results came out negative. I finished my shift then went home totally exhausted. After giving a lot of thought I contacted the district office and the site I was at yesterday to let them know I was staying in. I could still be getting covid from DS since I live with him and also since I am diabetic felt the need for extra precaution. This morning would have involved being with up to 24 students in a small classroom which I felt would be unsafe for everyone. I will be out of work until Wednesday as it stands. I plan to get retested again on Tuesday. If the results are still negative I will consider that the all clear to return to work.

So for the next five days I will quarantine to be on the safe side. I am all vaxxed and boostered so if I do catch covid I should at least be able to avoid hospitalization. DS has had it for a few days and so far it has been mild for him even though he has not gotten his booster yet. I am not feeling that great so will rest up and take it easy. I hope all of you stay warm and safe. Rumor has it that this latest virus should be subsiding by the end of the month.

Bev
Good luck, Bev. I think you have done everything right. Good idea to quarantine until next week.