Daily Check In: January 13, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check In: January 13, 2022

Post by chocolite »

Beverley wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:11 pm Good morning,

Went to work yesterday to learn my class was closed. While there I got a call from the district office to report to another location for pre-K. It was a bit of a drive so it took me over 20 minutes to get there. In the meantime the teacher there closed her class before she knew I was coming. So I went home and the district office called. Told me another site needed help for the PM class. So I went there. While we were out for recess my son called me to tell me he had just tested positive for covid. So I was sent to the school nurse to be tested. Results came out negative. I finished my shift then went home totally exhausted. After giving a lot of thought I contacted the district office and the site I was at yesterday to let them know I was staying in. I could still be getting covid from DS since I live with him and also since I am diabetic felt the need for extra precaution. This morning would have involved being with up to 24 students in a small classroom which I felt would be unsafe for everyone. I will be out of work until Wednesday as it stands. I plan to get retested again on Tuesday. If the results are still negative I will consider that the all clear to return to work.

So for the next five days I will quarantine to be on the safe side. I am all vaxxed and boostered so if I do catch covid I should at least be able to avoid hospitalization. DS has had it for a few days and so far it has been mild for him even though he has not gotten his booster yet. I am not feeling that great so will rest up and take it easy. I hope all of you stay warm and safe. Rumor has it that this latest virus should be subsiding by the end of the month.

Bev
(((Bev))) I hope you feel better and that your son has a mild case. Take care!
Patty