Daily Check In: January 13, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In: January 13, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:31 pm Ah, shucky darn Janet. Somehow you got Jinxed! Maybe you need to clean out the air with some nice lavender smell in your house! ;)

I am so very sorry that all these expenses have caused you to defer the purchase of your stove. You seems so excited to be able to cook some things again that you haven't for a long time. Phooey!!

Oh, as for the testing strips, if the local nursing homes won't take them and you are a facebook user, check to see if you have a site for your town or area. We have two for our area, "People of Brandon" and Brandon Mutual Aid." On both of these sites people ask for help and give help. I have asked and gotten help when things were pretty dire around here. People will post that they have an item to give away and there are usually a number of people that need it or want it. That might be a good option as a home test user wouldn't be as concerned (or have rules and regulations against) using an open box of strips. Just a thought.

MJ

MJ thanks for the tip about the testing strips. I will look in to.

I am so glad you were able to get a nice stock up of food and that you found someone to take you shopping. Very thoughtful of your DS to give you the gift certificate.

I hope after you rest for a while and the medication helps you will be feeling much better soon.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:04 pm MJ thanks for the tip about the testing strips. I will look in to.

I am so glad you were able to get a nice stock up of food and that you found someone to take you shopping. Very thoughtful of your DS to give you the gift certificate.

I hope after you rest for a while and the medication helps you will be feeling much better soon.
our local methodist church has a nurse that is there during the week. One of the things they give our are diabetic supplies - do you have anything like this there? They also give out diapers.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

OMG - it is such a beautiful day here in south texas!!

Sunny and bright - almost 80 degrees! The sun feels so good outside.

But cold windy weather will hit us again this weekend - wah

Took out some chicken from the freezer to make soup on Saturday.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:39 pm our local methodist church has a nurse that is there during the week. One of the things they give our are diabetic supplies - do you have anything like this there? They also give out diapers.
That is an idea. We have catholic charity here and maybe someone at the Senior Center could use them. Thanks for the idea.
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

I was not on a conference call at 4:00 today, so after our shift turnover, I laces up my shoes intending to go outside, and it was raining. Ugh. I ended up taking myself to Chipotle for takeout for dinner.

I was last out of the house Monday. I've been sleeping a bit better, still waking up, but not near the heartburn. I had noticed that I had not been drinking that much water. It seems paying better attention to hydration coincided with the heartburn reduction. Last night I had some pasta for dinner. At times that increases my heartburn. But no big issues last night. I also have not had sweets in the house. That could be it too.

Have a good evening,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We talked to youngest DS tonight. He says he feels much the same yesterday, but did phone our provincial health line and was told that he should stay home and not have a PCR test unless his symptoms get worse. The bad thing is that he is not counted in the numbers.

Our Premiere has come out and said he now has Covid as well. Hubby said he hopes the man has a bad case so he realizes he could and should have done much more to stop this spread. Instead of listening to those who know better, he decided to play to his base.

Off to watch the next instalment of Women of the Movement and do some knitting.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/