Daily Check-in January 14, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in January 14, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/01/14/free-rapid-covid-tests/?fbclid=IwAR3jrivKNtlEvme8Gh3RVQh_0D8bRab7UslJ8POWuX_AuNBFHdsLNCLI2MQ
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:21 am Maggie, KN95 masks are not certified by NIOSH according to the NYT Wirecutter info. “ KN95, KF94, and FFP2 are internationally sourced respirators and therefore don’t undergo the NIOSH approval process.” Only U.S. made N95s go through NIOSH approval according to NYT.
Ah, Thanks!
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Maggie, found this article on how to tell if your mask is counterfeit.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tell-n95-kn95-mask-fake-210159685.html
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Today has not been a bad day, but very lazy and low key. I did not make it to the stores and did not get out of my pajamas. I have enjoyed puttering around the house and did do dishes and laundry. Enjoyed some coloring reading, crosswords and youtube watching.

DD and her SO are getting ready to take all 3 dogs on a long walk. They have spent most of their adult lives in Buffalo and have all the good cold weather gear. I also have good enough gear for a good dog walk but that would require getting out of my pajamas, lol.

I am considering forgoing my evening meal for a big bowl of popcorn and a huge mug of hot tea, and dialing up a movie. I hope to have more energy tomorrow as I do have things that need to get done.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My soup is coming along nicely.

We are at a very nice warm and sunny 80 degrees!! This old body loves this weather.

But it is dry and low humidity and darn people around here want to burn out in the country. We have had several call outs for our fire departments - mostly volunteer!

Crazy folks.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Oh, wow, the masks I bought are counterfeit. I guess we'll double mask with a surgical mask and cloth instead.

I got the soup made and made a pot of mac and cheese for DS. I noticed while cooking that the baking cupboard needed some tidying, so that happened instead of finishing up the grocery list.

Also changed out the ottoman cover -- our big ottoman has evolved into a large dog bed that we prop our feet on while watching TV -- and am laundering the cover and a cat blanket. I think I'm done for the day.
Mackie