Daily Check-in January 14, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check-in January 14, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Ots supposed to be nice and I was thinking about aiming drive today. But I slept poorly and am falling aerp in my chair so maybe I'll just enjoy the patio for today. Tomorrow it's 38 and I'll be making stew.

Gonna get up and move and se if that helps my energy at all.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, everyone. I was so exhausted by the time I got home yesterday. DS was feeling better and wanted hot food. We discussed options and DH went to a nearby BBQ place that is nothing but take out and has an order window on an open air porch. We don't go there often because it's difficult to exit into traffic.

The food was excellent, I didn't have to cook, and I very shortly afterward went to bed and slept more than 14 hours. Still wearing my flannel jammies and fluffy robe right now.

Today I plan to just rest and putter around the house. Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning. :D

Tomorrow I'm going to see one of my BFF, we have been friends for over 50 plus years, lived together, traveled together, met at work when we were 18.

Now she has Parkinson's, her husband takes amazing care of her, but they are at the point where they are going to hire a company to have someone to come out 3 hours a day, 2 days a week. :|

So, I'm going over to visit tomorrow, her DH will be able to go out for a bit and she and I will be together.

Her memory isn't what it should be. (is anyone at our age???)

She asked me to bring over some photos.

LOL the funny part of this is that when I would take photos people weren't happy about it and I would say "you will be happy in 20 years" LOL now it's been over 50 years.

Sadly, this was back in the day when a roll of film lastest months. :shock:

I have found some photos, need to find more.

IC
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Darn you all. All this talk about burgers may have me going to Sonic. And having a cherry limeade too.

I really earned to drive for an hour today but just not alert and responsive enough last night. Will enjoy the open air and in my porch. Will drive Sunday or Monday after it warms up.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I went back to bed and dozed on and off for a couple of hours. Having some homemade bean soup and thinking about getting ready to do my necessary shopping. The new next-door neighbors are moving in. Looks like they have their whole extended family helping. I'm grateful that the awful character who used to live there is long gone - all I know is her moved far away - "someplace warm" - and that's all I care about - he is gone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Shelia, I am so happy for you that your nasty neighbor is gone. I snickered out loud at "some place warm" because I can think of one inferno waiting on him for how he treated animals.

Quilter, Sonic was discussed as a supper option last night, but the food and service have become awful there in the past few months. I hope yours is a lot better.
Mackie