Daily Check-in January 14, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check-in January 14, 2022

Post by chocolite »

Jackie, sending prayers for your DS. I hope it’s a light case and that he does well.

Afternoon, everyone. It’s 50 outside right now, but cloudy, and the temp is falling. Tomorrow we’re supposed to get a 1-2 punch of rain, turning to freezing rain, turning to snow. I guess that would be 1-2-3. I wouldn’t mind seeing a pretty snowfall. I mean…if it’s going to be cold, might as well get some snow. Ice we can do without, though. The temp is supposed to plummet and be below freezing each night for the next 10 days or so. Roller coaster weather, for sure.

I’m glad I got out yesterday. I went and picked up two books I had purchased on FB and then I went to a drive through to get barbecue for supper. DH loves barbecue, me not so much. I got a salad with chicken. Anyway, it was so nice to be out of the house and driving again. I’m going to try to do it more in the future, if only to pick up groceries.

For those who color, I found a lovely website called johannabasford.com. If you sign up for monthly emails, you get a free mini coloring book download (about 12 pages). I really like her designs.

Covid cases here are skyrocketing. I have a friend who works for the largest hospital network in town (Baptist) and she said the hospital has gone to disaster mode, which changes how the nurses have to chart, among other things. She said everyone there is just teetering on the brink. I’ve heard horror stories of people going to ERs in and around Memphis. One of my friends waited 14 hours in an ER alone (no one can accompany you) to be tested/treated. She was positive. It’s just crazy right now and I don’t know when it’s going to get any better!

Everyone’s talk of burgers has me wanting one too, lol. I have some frozen patties so I may make a couple of those for us to have for supper today.
Patty
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Well...apparently, I wore myself out yesterday, fighting fixing the car. I slept for five hours straight, which is a big deal for me. I am also sore today from wrestling with the spring compressor fifty-eleven times, in order to make it work. I am actually happy to be sore, since it means that I used some muscles that I hadn't used in a while.

Just finished cleaning and oiling the sewing machine fleet. All the holiday sewing had left them with a cotton rug under the hood. Erin in currently sewing heating pads and eye pillows for a large order. I wash/dry the fabric and cut it to size. Then, she sews the edges and chambers. Then, I fill them with a rice/lavender mix. Then, she sews them shut. Finally, I print and attach the labels. Interesting, eh? Nah, probably not.

Have a good day everyone.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

frugalaaron wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:50 pm Well...apparently, I wore myself out yesterday, fighting fixing the car. I slept for five hours straight, which is a big deal for me. I am also sore today from wrestling with the spring compressor fifty-eleven times, in order to make it work. I am actually happy to be sore, since it means that I used some muscles that I hadn't used in a while.

Just finished cleaning and oiling the sewing machine fleet. All the holiday sewing had left them with a cotton rug under the hood. Erin in currently sewing heating pads and eye pillows for a large order. I wash/dry the fabric and cut it to size. Then, she sews the edges and chambers. Then, I fill them with a rice/lavender mix. Then, she sews them shut. Finally, I print and attach the labels. Interesting, eh? Nah, probably not.

You and Erin are a great team!!!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Well..the big news in our family is our 16..almost 17 year old granddaughter passed her drivers test yesterday...and now is a licensed driver! I remember that feeling....freedom!!!
Off she went this morning....HUGE smile on her face.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

frugalaaron wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:50 pm Well...apparently, I wore myself out yesterday, fighting fixing the car. I slept for five hours straight, which is a big deal for me. I am also sore today from wrestling with the spring compressor fifty-eleven times, in order to make it work. I am actually happy to be sore, since it means that I used some muscles that I hadn't used in a while.

Team work is great and you both working together is even greater.

Got your Christmas card a few days ago. Thanks.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Finished household tasks and now am taking a bit of a rest before I help Hubby with the next batch of wine making. This one is a mocha flavoured dessert wine which should be very good.

Off I go to help.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/