Daily Check-in January 14, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check-in January 14, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

I may be cheating and ordering a burger from the brisket burget place down the road. With an egg on top.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:29 pm I may be cheating and ordering a burger from the brisket burget place down the road. With an egg on top.
I had a huge bacon, avocado cheeseburger and fries.

None of us were able to finish our meals - so big. I brought mine home and the COD polished it off.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I ordered a burger from a place called burget time machine with backon and an egg and good stuff. Normally I would go out. But four hours sleep, knitting on my lap, and no bra conspired to keep me in place.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Mocha dessert wine sounds awesome, Jackie.

Aaron, you and Erin do make a great team.

I am puttering purposefully. Tidied up our bedroom, started a grocery list, cleaned the litter box, and went through the fridge looking for anything that needed to be tossed or eaten right away. Wound up making a yummy lunch of some hummus topped with sliced almonds, with Wheat Thins, some cherry tomatoes that were slightly wrinkled, and two tangerines I was too busy to eat for my work lunch. Lots of bright colors and flavors.

We did have to waste a box of salad greens that was pushed to the back and froze and I found some turkey lunch meat that had been open too long. I hate when that happens.

Supper will be beef-barley-veggie soup.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

had to make a quick trip to the local store - needed carrots and onions for my soup.

Also bought milk

The cricut machine I ordered arrived this afternoon. A smaller box was delivered this morning and i though it was small. When we opened it - it was just the accessories and paper things that come with it.

I was worried that they forgot the main thing. But not it was there today - and it is heavy!!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

just read in the Washington Post that starting Wednesday we will be able to order free covid tests through a fed government website

four per address.