Wordle

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Wordle

Post by chocolite »

I just played and was a bust on the first word. I didn't really understand the instructions -- I thought the actual word began with a W, lol. Now that I actually understand, I'll check it out again tomorrow.
Patty
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

OK, I had to try it. Got it on the 6th round ... it said "phew."

Jodi, we're big fans of Spelling Bee, too. Though I can't figure out what the point cutoff is. There are times we have a pile of words and we're struggling to find more ... and it won't. cut. off.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I will add a couple of this others to my list. Unfortunately I am literally not a math brain although I try in that area on occasion.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

LWolfT wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:28 pm OK, I had to try it. Got it on the 6th round ... it said "phew."

Jodi, we're big fans of Spelling Bee, too. Though I can't figure out what the point cutoff is. There are times we have a pile of words and we're struggling to find more ... and it won't. cut. off.
I play the free version, and have no idea when it cuts off. One time it stopped at three words, but I must admit they were awesome words, LOL Other times I've had over two columns of words.

.....and then today I discovered their game "Letterboxed". LOL This is tipping me in favor of subscribing to games.

I really might subscribe. I have to call NYTimes soon, anyway, because my $4/mo digital subscription deal ends next week, and then it goes up to full price, don't remember what it is, but probably at least 2x that.

If they won't outright continue the $4 subscription, I'll see if I can offer to also subscribe to games IF they keep me at $4 for the digital news, LOL
ohjodi
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:56 am There has been a great deal of hype online and in the twittersphere. Not sure I want to check it out as I already have gotten addicted to other games like scrabble, words with friends, and a couple of solitaire games.
Love word with friends. If Abbiestar3 comes up, I would like to play if you are interested.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ownedbydogs wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:17 am Love word with friends. If Abbiestar3 comes up, I would like to play if you are interested.
I will look for you, so far I haven't seen your screen name come up. I would love to play you as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/