Daily Check In January 16, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Daily Check In January 16, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, frugal friends. I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for a decent night's sleep. The dogs were up and out in the 10-p.m. hour then slept until after 6 - I am thrilled! It is just starting to turn daylight and the dogs are back to bed, house is quiet. Enjoying my coffee, doing a few online surveys and contemplating the things I will cook today. Big snow storm headed this way by evening time. Everyone stay safe and well and warm.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 16, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It seems to be warming up around here, the temperature this morning is just at the freezing mark, so we should be above freezing for most of the day. Makes nice walking weather that is for sure. I might just take today off and rest up a bit though.

Not much happening on the old homestead today. I think I can probably organize, declutter and tidy one of the 2 double cupboards today. I am running out of steam and I really would like the front of the house organized and tidy before I take a break. After the kitchen all that is left is the dining area and I can probably do that in three or 4 days. So wish me luck.

I have pulled out one of my old organizing books to read a few chapters of at some point today. As I age, I notice that it gets harder and harder to reach those upper or very bottoms shelves. I am going to research ways to improve that so we can actually stay in our beloved home as long as possible. I am also researching the idea and cost factors of those various ways. At a certain age maintenance of property becomes the main cost factor rather than costly additions that you might not get back if and when you sell your property.

Tasks for today along with the above cupboard task are to do some baking, make next weeks to do list (adding in the truck service) and finishing anything on the previous weeks list that did not get completed. So the homestead will have it's usual quiet Sunday.

As Omicron takes off across multiple provinces and areas within the provinces Hubby and I have now definitely decided not to attend in person Mass. With Hubby's other problems (high blood pressure, enlarged heart, weight) and my osteoporosis and arthritis, we decided to err on the safer side and continue with online attendance until case counts ease. I know eventually we will succumb, but the longer it can be held off the better as far as I am concerned. Still it isn't the same as being in community and we really miss that. The envelopes will still be made out and either mailed or slipped into the office at times when there are very few people around.

I hope to be working on the hand quilting this afternoon as well as getting the ends sewn in on the scarves that were finished last night and the dish cloths that were finished a bit before. Two projects for the month actually completed.

I cast on the beginning of my first 2 needle sock pattern and managed to do about 1/2" before I hit the bed to read last night. That will be my project for evenings for awhile. I do have to get the sock loom out and read the instructions as I really would love to make a pair or three using that.

Supper tonight was supposed to be roast chicken, but there is a fridge full of leftovers that I want to clear out (not getting eaten by Hubby for lunches it seems, or me either) so tonight's meal will be a hodge podge of things. I should be able to make a fairly decent clearing of the shelves foray.

Today I am grateful that I remembered to take my bone building pill on the correct day. Not so grateful though that I couldn't have coffee right away.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Up my "regular" time this morning, 5A. Made myself a cup of coffee, played a game and then watched a few You Tube videos before getting into my exercising.

The few things I want to do today are go to the grocery store as I think this trip will help put me back on a regular basis rather than every other day, do some more on the coloring page I started over and watch the Hallmark Movie that they showed last night. I also have a bill I need to pay.

Finally starting to get back to my diet routine and have again started to lose weight. Supper tonight is a pork chop and veggies, although I'm not quite sure as to how I will prepare it yet.

Starz is featuring a movie this month called "The Father" about a daughter caring for her father as he slides into dementia. It appeared to be all over the place, but it was done that way intentionally as they want the viewers to see the goings on through the mind of the father. The father was played by Anthony Hopkins and based on the reviews of the film I read afterwards is believed to have been the best performance of his entire career. Truly amazing, it kept my attention throughout the entire movie.

Well, off to the races. Have a wonderful day all.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

I caught the flu like virus going around here. It doesn’t test as flu, but acts somewhat like it. Great grandson was really sick from iT. Sister moved in from hospital on Tuesday and was getting settled in a routine, then had to go back to hospital on Thursday for low oxygen rates. Fluid on her lungs built back up. Still in there.
Weather here is unpredictable today. Saw a few flakes of sleet along with the rain when I let goats out.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

It’s a dark day here. We had a heavy rain overnight. We needed it. Also we had a tornado warning from 6-6:30. I don’t think there were any touchdowns.

I’m home from the produce market. Got my apples. As was the case before, the employee (different from before) was maskless and unfriendly. I still wonder if the place will survive. I was the only one in there. I did not have trouble getting out of the parking lot because the roads were not too busy. It started raining again on my way home.

I hope to color my hair later today. I’ve been procrastinating.

I’ve given up on Florida. Our state with its horrible Governor and weird surgeon general (hand picked by DeSantis) will not enforce the vaccine mandate for healthcare workers. Unrelated except that it is another indicator of our state, a gay rights activist (brother of the former mayor of Miami) was found dead with his body in a landfill. If my support system of friends was not here, I’d leave this backwards state and even sell mom’s house.

On a happier note, I’m 90% done with my puzzle and really enjoyed it. It is a Frank Lloyd Wright design.

Have a good day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I enjoyed last night's holiday dinner for the Investment club. We have some people have to cancel. One couple has Covid, another lady has some sort of virus. These people are all careful and Vaxxed and mostly older than I.

This morning at Mass, there was a medical emergency. I did not see what happened, as it was behind me, but it seems a man collapsed. Nearby people assisted, squad was called and the man was leaving on his feet with little assistance. It is disconcerting because Mass continues on. I get it intellectually, but it is still odd. But hey, I am sure the entire Church said a prayer on his behalf.

Not too sure of my plans for today. Try to visit DS1 & family. Today or tomorrow I need to swing by the brick and mortar store that I ordered a shirt from. They left the security tag on it. It gives me a reason to get out of the house.

Have a great day,
Maggie