Daily Check In January 16, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Beverley

Re: Daily Check In January 16, 2022

Post by Beverley »

Hello!

I have been doing a little reorganizing today but I have to be so careful not to overdo. I just about have the kitchen fridge and freezer l cleaned out and organized. All that's left to do is the refrigerator door. I am also baking two pumpkin pies to use up some piecrusts and other things I have. After I do that that is probably going to be it for the day although I would like to do more. But if I am careful and pace myself I should be able to do some more tomorrow.

I have decided to sit the next week out from work. I will wait until there are some testing sites available and get retested. Chances are there will be less than 20 kids in the Pre-K class so I may not be needed anyway.

Thats about it from around here! Take care everyone!

Bev
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Mackie wrote:
I did the math one time, and it would cost me $40 a week to eat just lunch in the dining hall at work, and an additional $20 if I bought breakfast there. That's $3,000 per working year. So my hourly wage (in savings) for a couple of hours of prepping breakfast and lunch on Sundays is $30 an hour. This week I spent only $2 on lunch ingredients, as everything else was purchased some time ago.

Mackie I love it when people cost out things like that. I am such a nerd when it comes to running numbers on what I save and I love seeing what others can do.

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:56 pm IC one of the things I have in my kitchen is the middle shelves in the lower cabinets slide out for easy access. They came with the house. I am checking into having them installed in the very bottom of the cabinet as well. Not sure if your husband has difficulty using his hands? I have arthritis as well as ALS. (Lou Gehrig's disease). ALS affects the hands and feet first them moves up the legs and arms. When I moved here, I had the lever type door handles installed on all of my doors. You do have to twist or turn them to get the door open. Just put pressure up or down to get the door open. Also, I am having a wheelchair height toilet installed in my second bathroom. When I moved here, I also had a taller toilet put in the master bathroom. Makes a huge difference on how easy it is to get up and down. Glad you are making things easier for him and you to stay in your home.
I only have two lower cabinets that have doors. The rest are all pull out drawers - love it. A local guy built them for me. I even showed him my crock pot and big sauce pan so he would make sure to build them so they would easily fit. Our trash bin is also a slide out.

In one of the door cabinets, I added stainless stool pull out racks.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:01 pm Congratulations Florida! The Buccaneers had no equal playing them today. The Eagles were lucky to have scored the two touchdowns they did.

Now let's see where your Buccaneers go next!

MJ
When Tom Brady was with the Patriots, I used to tease my cousin in RI that Brady had won enough titles. But … now that Brady is on my team I have a different opinion. He has made ALL the difference for our team.

I said earlier I was sorry that the Bills beat the Patriots. But to see the excitement in Buffalo after so many years makes me feel good. All I can think of is the late NBC journalist Tim Russert (who I liked a lot) and how he loved his hometown of Buffalo said Go Bills at the end of Meet the Press in football season. So he is happy in Heaven.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Heavy, wet snow is falling fast and furious - they are saying we will get 16 inches. The dogs are sacked out on my bed after a late evening walk with DD and company. I put an old blanket over everything because I knew they would be wet when they came in - even after we wiped their paws with a towel.

I did not get my cabbage bread made today - maybe tomorrow, maybe not. I got plenty done and will make chili tomorrow at the least.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Unless it snows tonight now that the temp is low, we won't see any on the ground here. It's kind of a shame because there were two long spells of it falling hard this afternoon but it was not quite cold enough for it to stick. School is out for the MLK holiday and a snow day would be nice for the kids.

The wind is up right now and our backyard wind chime is clanging away.
Mackie