Daily Check In January 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In January 17, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:01 pm The chili turned out very nice. I'm keeping it warm for DD & Company - they are walking the dogs and will have some when they get back. He shoveled part of the driveway - you still can't get a vehicle in or out. The front walks need shoveling again - I'll do that in the morning.

Back to work tomorrow after a 4-day weekend. I have the last week of February off, another week off in March, another in May, September, October, December, plus every Friday in June, July, August, November, December. I have everything ready to go - clothes are out, lunch packed, winter gear ready for the walk in. I keep a couple pairs of dress shoes at work in winter so I never have to worry about packing those. With everyone so isolated right now, and meetings being on Zoom, I spend most days at work in my fuzzy socks anyway.
Sheila have a safe walk to work. I hope you do not have much distance to walk.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:14 pm Update:

I got my Chicken Marrakesh all parcelled up and in the freezer. It made 5 freezer containers with about two meals in each. That plus the two meals I have had already make it quite an affordable dinner. Adding the rice was really nice as most of the liquid in it made it like a stew instead of a soup and today a lot of the moisture had been absorbed. It made a really good supper tonight.

It did turn into a no-spend day as I never left the house. It's such a drag to go out and clean off the car to go places you know you'll spend money. I like frugal days!!

The game is about to start and I am debating on making coffee or just sticking to my water but maybe adding in some lemon juice. I suppose I could do both. . .

Game time is 7:30, so I have time to unload the dishwasher and see if the dishes soaking in the sink are ready to be scrubbed. I'm thinking all will be except the crockpot liner.

Time to get some stuff done before the game!

MJ
MJ your Marrakesh sounds so yummy. I love Indian food. A dear friend of mine was from India, and she used to make yummy foods and have me over for dinner. I miss her she decided to return to India to teach psychology at a University in India near her family.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:15 pm Sheila have a safe walk to work. I hope you do not have much distance to walk.
It's just about exactly a mile, a 15 to 20 minute walk, depending which way I take. Tomorrow I'm taking side streets so I can walk in the streets rather than on the sidewalks - it's safer.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Hello and Good Evening,
It has been a relaxing day, just mostly puttering around. I made an instant pot of beans that are now ready to eat. I also have a loaf of bread going in the breadmaker. I did finish cleaning the kitchen fridge and freezer and have started organizing the pantry. I am in the process of clearing the pantry counter so I can make more bread and other things.

Other than that just mostly relaxing. I will be watching some TV soon.

Have a good evening.

Bev
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:40 pm It's just about exactly a mile, a 15 to 20 minute walk, depending which way I take. Tomorrow I'm taking side streets so I can walk in the streets rather than on the sidewalks - it's safer.
I hope all goes well. I have had to walk that far back in the day when I lived in town. I know you will be cold when you get to work. Take care. Great idea to keep fuzzy socks at work.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I got the chicken and rice cooked after laundering all the dog beds and making a run to the At Home store. I bought DS a foam mattress topper and also bought a roll of egg crate foam and a sheer curtain panel for a couple of quick projects this evening.

I used part of the roll of foam and sewed together some scrap upholstery fabric pieces to make Rosie Dog a new bed. Her old one was worn out and smelled bad even after it was washed and dried. The extra pieces of foam went under the other two dog beds to make them more comfortable.

There was a big length of flannel in the fabric box that was just right for making into new blankets for each dog bed. I hope that everyone having the same blanket that smells the same will keep any jealousy from arising over the new bed. They are like a bunch of little kids!

Today when I took down the curtains in DH's office to wash them, I had an idea. Regular curtains are too dark on that wide, shallow window that's right up at the ceiling -- this is something you see in urban 1950s houses because it lets in light while maintaining privacy.

So I hung the curtain panel vertically over the rod that spans the windows, with an equal amount of sheer fabric hanging over the back and front of the rod. It fits perfectly and lets in just the right amount of light. Best of all, it cost only $7.99. He likes it, and he hasn't liked anything I put up there before.:D
Mackie