Daily Check In January 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check In January 17, 2022

Post by chocolite »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:53 pm Patty, the comedian and actor Tig Notaro nearly died in 2012 from an intestinal infection caused by C. diff, contracted as the result of antibiotics prescribed for pneumonia. She suffered from chronic intestinal pain afterward until she read that a vegan diet might help. She tried it and was completely pain free four days into the diet. She said that any time she tries to sneak a little cheese, the pain flares back up.

This probably works for her because it spares her body from exposure to other animal proteins, but it does speak to the power of diet to work on pain. If you find something that helps, go for it.
Thanks for the encouragement, Mackie! I am definitely going for it. I'm to the point where none of my doctors can offer me anything that is making much of a difference, so it's up to me. I'm tired of wallowing in it and waiting on a doctor to tell me what to do.
Patty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:51 pm Good luck with it, Jackie. On some level I've always known that, for me, it's all about the carbs. That's really the only way I've been able to successfully lose weight. The intermittent fasting on its own just doesn't give me the same results. I'm not being too hardcore for right now, but I'm trying to make sure that the carbs I do eat have some nutritional value to redeem them. Anyway, it's working for me to lose weight and I couldn't be more thrilled. Weighed this morning and I'm down 3 1/2 pounds from last week. When you have as much to lose as I do, it really helps keep me motivated to see a good loss like that, especially in those first weeks. I know the time will come when the weight loss will slow and stall, but by then I'm hoping that the difference in how I feel will sustain me to keep going.
Patty congrats on your weight loss.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:17 pm Thanks for the encouragement, Mackie! I am definitely going for it. I'm to the point where none of my doctors can offer me anything that is making much of a difference, so it's up to me. I'm tired of wallowing in it and waiting on a doctor to tell me what to do.
I forgot to mention my brother also went dairy free during his leaky gut cleanse. Now that things are better he has added some dairy back but does watch what he eats. He is still gluten intolerant.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

oh Patty I hope you get to go on a nice vacation this year!