Daily Check In January 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In January 17, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I slept in. (Mt day off), then hit the grocery store at 8:30. Very empty. I did not bother with a mask. It was quite empty that early, on a partial holiday with a little more snow than was expected. We maybe got 2 inches. I also gave my bathroom a much-needed lick and a promise. There were 2 items crossed off my to-do list. I tried to make a phone call, but they are closed today. I have about an hour before I need to leave to pick up my friend for lunch. My treat for her birthday last month.

I am also going to meet my support group friends for dinner. I have been a social butterfly the past few day.

Saw a Facebook post that my cousin's daughter in not selling girl scout cookies this year. So I can resist all others.

Now I am off to empty the dishwasher.

Have a great day,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Friends. We got a foot and a half of snow and it is still coming down. I was up in the 6 o'clock hour to let the dogs out and we all went back to sleep until almost 9. I have shoveled the front walk leading to my house and the walks in front of my property (if we don't, we get fined). My neighbor was snow blowing his and motioned to me that he would finish up mine - that was very kind of him.

If DD and company want the driveway cleared, they will have to shovel it. I am sorry, but two able bodied adults who sleep most of the day away while I bust my back are not getting a $40 plow out unless they do it themselves or pay for it themselves. I'm not angry, not fussing about it - it just is what it is. I can more easily walk to work tomorrow than drive on these streets (funny we have to clear our sidewalks but the town barely maintains the streets). I have three snow shovels and they have warm winter gear - enough said.

I have the beans for the chili cooking on high in the slow cooker - this will be an all day process - but that's okay.

The two garage cats were peeking their heads through a busted window in the garage, wanting to come to the back door to beg like they do every morning - but yet not wanting to, because of all the snow - so they have been fed. I don't worry too much about the cellar cats - yes, we feed them but they are much more comfortable than the garage cats - it is dirty down there but warmer - they can wait until later when Hope is on her walk with DD & Company - Hope tries to get into the cellar and go after the cats.

I am off to putter. I hope you are all safe, well, and warm.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Another early wakeup - 5am! Then again every hour. Finally got up at 9ish to take blind senior pup outside. The others go out by themselves.

At least the sun is out here and it will warm up to maybe 70 or so. We did have another freeze. outside water bowls were frozen.

Not sure what I will get done today. So many things to do - so little enthusiasm to do them!!!

Have a great day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Just found out my nephew tested positive for Covid. Has to isolate and work from home.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:55 am Just found out my nephew tested positive for Covid. Has to isolate and work from home.
It seems like your family got hit hard with this virus. Hoping nephew has only a mild case.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LogicsHere wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:04 am It seems like your family got hit hard with this virus. Hoping nephew has only a mild case.
His wife had it last year too.

My cousin died from it. Two cousins. Crazy times.