Daily Check In January 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 17, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

jckitty wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:06 pm Hello all,

Just as quick check in to let you know that while all is not wonderful around here we are okay.
I will try to check in more often but can't promise daily.
The virus has been thru my family more than once for some and now DD2 has to have surgery on the 24th. She developed an esophageal hernia and has to have surgery to fix it. She has had digestive issues for years and now this...but it is fixable. Just trying to get it fixed before it gets worse. You can see it thru her t shirts. Not going to lie, it's scary looking.

Because of all of the stuff going on and around I very seldom leave the property, I made a trip to the recycle depot and according to my life 360 app had not gone anywhere in 19 days and 20 hours.
I have watched the grands once a week for awhile, covid in the schools so remote learning. Then we went thru a week of pink eye...from the school.
I am still cooking at home and have been making buckets of soup and beans for the family as requested. I won't lie I am sick of my own cooking :roll: But the idea of going somewhere to eat sceeves me out to the point that I just can't do it.

I do try to read the forum daily, and pray for all of you. I continue to ask for your prayers for me and my family. This grey dreary weather gets to me a lot...seems to get worse as I get older. Trying to stay positive, hurry Spring!

JCKitty
Thanks for checking in. You have my prayers. I will say special prayers for your daughter.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I still have a few household chores to do but took a bit of a break to work on my rug. Now that I have gotten two sections completed I am taking a short break and then will finish off the floors. Perhaps there will be time to get another small part of the rug done later. But if I don't that is okay as well.

Off to sweep floors and mop.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Since today would have been Betty White's 100th birthday - the Hallmark channel is showing the Golden Girls. So I have it on in the background

And tonight they will show The Lost Valentine at 7pm central. I set it to record also.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:48 am Good morning all.

The grayness of the day is such a downer. I still haven't put my Christmas tree away so I turned on the lights and it is so pretty and comforting.
I know what you mean. I still have the small tree with multi-color lights on my breakfast bar. I really enjoy it in the mornings and evenings. I have it on now.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

The chili turned out very nice. I'm keeping it warm for DD & Company - they are walking the dogs and will have some when they get back. He shoveled part of the driveway - you still can't get a vehicle in or out. The front walks need shoveling again - I'll do that in the morning.

Back to work tomorrow after a 4-day weekend. I have the last week of February off, another week off in March, another in May, September, October, December, plus every Friday in June, July, August, November, December. I have everything ready to go - clothes are out, lunch packed, winter gear ready for the walk in. I keep a couple pairs of dress shoes at work in winter so I never have to worry about packing those. With everyone so isolated right now, and meetings being on Zoom, I spend most days at work in my fuzzy socks anyway.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

I got my Chicken Marrakesh all parcelled up and in the freezer. It made 5 freezer containers with about two meals in each. That plus the two meals I have had already make it quite an affordable dinner. Adding the rice was really nice as most of the liquid in it made it like a stew instead of a soup and today a lot of the moisture had been absorbed. It made a really good supper tonight.

It did turn into a no-spend day as I never left the house. It's such a drag to go out and clean off the car to go places you know you'll spend money. I like frugal days!!

The game is about to start and I am debating on making coffee or just sticking to my water but maybe adding in some lemon juice. I suppose I could do both. . .

Game time is 7:30, so I have time to unload the dishwasher and see if the dishes soaking in the sink are ready to be scrubbed. I'm thinking all will be except the crockpot liner.

Time to get some stuff done before the game!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.