Daily check-in January 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily check-in January 18, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning, everyone. I slept well for 5 hours but could not stay in bed any longer. It is 25 F with a windchill of 18 F. We are going to have a warmup to 51F by late afternoon. I plan on making a run to the recycling dumpster mid to late morning.

This afternoon I am going to be making gluten free sandwich buns using a mix. I have never made them before. They require shredded cheddar cheese. They look so good on the box. I plan on making tuna fish salad to go with them for my lunches the next several days. Not sure what the rest of the day will be like.

Have a good and frugal day and stay safe.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Re: Daily check-in January 18, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Well right now it is snowing and blowing, but the temperature hasn't dropped by much. I still have to pull out the bin for the refuse truck this morning. Kind of forgot about it last night so I will be better able to judge what it feels like out then, and decide if I want to do a bit of a walk. If too cold that walk will only be to the end of the street and around the corner. I have lots of work in the house to do so should once again manage to get my steps in for today.

I also started to watch the bible study in the afternoon. Trying to figure out what the prophets have to do with Lent and how we are going to fit an 11 session study into the Lent time period, but hey what do I know. We will be getting an email notice when the workbooks and such are in. Probably get a couple of weeks to look it over and then have a meeting to decide who will lead each session. There is talk that there will only be an evening session, but I kind of figure there will be two sessions (one in the afternoon also) especially if the group/groups are too large, even though we don't have a limit on gatherings I almost think that by then we will have.

Finished off the evening with the dance exercise class where, as I mentioned near the end of yesterday, that the neighbours beside us have Covid. Haven't
talked to either of them, other then via computer or text on phone in awhile so we should be safe. This thing is getting very, very, close.

After this last episode of Women In the Movement on Thursday, I may just join this class on the two nights instead of just one. Gets me up and moving plus ups the exercise a bit more. I can always use that.

So what are the tasks that need to be accomplished today on the old homestead to keep it running smoothly.

Well first off the bin has to be hauled out, then my short walk (if not too bad out), the clothes hanging up downstairs must be brought up and folded, dishes put away from the dish washer, any ironing done, mending as well (glove needs darning),strip and remake the bed, throw bedding in the wash, by then the garbage should have been picked up so haul in the bin, sweep the floors, do some extra cleaning (think the outside of the fridge needs to be done), tidy china cabinet and buffet, and give the table and chair legs a good wipe down. Then and only then do I get to play.

Pretty much how most days go around here. Just different chores get done on different days. Things usually get done in whatever order is necessary while Hubby is sleeping. So I don't expect the order to follow what I have typed. Most only take 15 or so minutes as well.

I have extra cream cheese frosting leftover from the carrot cake made on Sunday so I need to decide what to do with that...Perhaps some cinnamon buns with cream cheese frosting????

I will watch the Bible study, sew the draft dodgers, and work on my rug for a bit while catching up on the seasons of the train wreck known as Sister Wives. I have missed quite a few since we gave up TLC and so am using my android streaming box to see what I have missed.

I missed knitting last night because of dance so hopefully tonight will be able to make up for that. Mind you it did give my fingers a bit of a rest so that is a good thing.

Supper tonight is going to be either a chicken casserole, or perhaps soft chicken tacos (without the lettuce). That should clear a bit out of the fridge as well making it easier to wipe down the shelves and doors tomorrow.

Today I am grateful that the snow seems to only be arriving now. I will know when I go out if the rain that was supposed to come first actually hit the city.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I woke up at 3 a.m. and had trouble going back to sleep but finally dozed off and slept until 8. It is a cold morning here by our standards, 45 F. and will only warm up to the high 50s but it is sunny.

This morning I woke up feeling very, very achy (as if I had played in last night’s NFL game) because of the climbing and reaching I did yesterday. When I told neighbor I was using the ladder to do trimming, she said to let her husband G (retired fireman) do it. But I said I enjoyed doing it and it was my therapy according to my friend (Mackie) and that was 100% correct.

I’ll go to the grocery store this morning but not as early as originally planned. I don’t need a lot but want a few of the sale items and will check crackers, soy milk and other items that have been in short supply.

My sheets have been in the washing machine since Saturday so I’ll wash them today. Not a lot of chores to do so I’ll probably be puzzling.

I’m planning to visit Copenhagen and Stockholm in June. I have credits from Delta from 2020 that will cover the bulk of the airfare except maybe $100. I will wait to book it. But I did book the hotels, both of which are walking distance to most sights and near good bus (Copenhagen) and tram (Stockholm) routes. Denmark is fully open to U.S. travelers. Sweden was open but closed because of Omicron, which has hit Sweden hard, but I’m assuming that by June they’ll be open. Something to look forward to this year, fingers crossed.

Have a good day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:54 am Good morning friends.

I woke up at 3 a.m. and had trouble going back to sleep but finally dozed off and slept until 8. It is a cold morning here by our standards, 45 F. and will only warm up to the high 50s but it is sunny.

This morning I woke up feeling very, very achy (as if I had played in last night’s NFL game) because of the climbing and reaching I did yesterday. When I told neighbor I was using the ladder to do trimming, she said to let her husband G (retired fireman) do it. But I said I enjoyed doing it and it was my therapy according to my friend (Mackie) and that was 100% correct.

I’ll go to the grocery store this morning but not as early as originally planned. I don’t need a lot but want a few of the sale items and will check crackers, soy milk and other items that have been in short supply.

My sheets have been in the washing machine since Saturday so I’ll wash them today. Not a lot of chores to do so I’ll probably be puzzling.

I’m planning to visit Copenhagen and Stockholm in June. I have credits from Delta from 2020 that will cover the bulk of the airfare except maybe $100. I will wait to book it. But I did book the hotels, both of which are walking distance to most sights and near good bus (Copenhagen) and tram (Stockholm) routes. Denmark is fully open to U.S. travelers. Sweden was open but closed because of Omicron, which has hit Sweden hard, but I’m assuming that by June they’ll be open. Something to look forward to this year, fingers crossed.

Have a good day.
Florida cat that sounds like fun. I would love to travel again. Are you going for a special reason or just to travel?
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Up to a later start as I did stay in bed til almost 6:00A this morning. Got 1 hours of exercising in and already talked a couple of times with my sister.

The redo of my coloring page also failed yesterday but I decided to see if I could repair it somehow. Erasing is not something one likes to do because it's impossible to remove it all and still keep the surface of the paper. I took one of my better erasers, Staedtler, and erased the image that came out so badly and then went over it with an electric eraser. While it didn't remove all the color, it removed enough so that I was able to salvage the page. I colored a second butterfly to see how the redo looked alongside it and it is most definitely passable. I'm glad I tried because I had spent a couple of hours redoing the leaves and vines on the second page as well as the damaged butterfly itself.

Have some cleaning chores to catch up on this morning so I will get to that shortly. I have some emails I have to finish first.

I plan to do some reading and perhaps do some Sudoku puzzles later.

Well, have a great day everyone.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:00 am Florida cat that sounds like fun. I would love to travel again. Are you going for a special reason or just to travel?
Just to travel. No genealogy connections there. When I visited Europe in my youth I never went to Scandinavia because it was too expensive for a student and early career budget. So now is the time.