Daily check-in January 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check-in January 18, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:23 pm Take care, Bev. Hope you feel better soon.

Jackie, Sister Wives is my guilty pleasure. I saw on the news a few weeks ago that Christine has left Cody and is living near her family in Utah. That one has been coming a long time. I wonder about Merri and how long she’ll hang in. If he’s not careful, Cody may end up with just one wife…at least until he decides to marry some more. Sheesh.

Afternoon all. I had a late night. Finally fell asleep sitting up in my chair (I hate that) around 3, I think. Audrey woke me up at 5:30. I thought she wanted out but no…she was just anxious. Poor thing. It doesn’t happen very much at all anymore – in fact, she did great with all the rain we had last week. But sometimes out of the blue she’ll still have one of her “spells.” Anyway, we went to bed then. I didn’t get up until almost 10! I hate all these weird sleep patterns.

I was supposed to see the pain doc today, but they left a voicemail this morning and said they had to reschedule. Angela, my NP, is sick. Makes me wonder if it’s Covid. Anyway, I’m waiting on a call back to get a new appointment. I’m disappointed because I wanted to ask about starting a new drug. Oh well. Patience is not my strong suit, lol. I would love it if they would pick back up with virtual visits. I’ll ask about it when they call me.

I have a roast with veggies in the oven. Ordinarily I would make some biscuits to go with, but no. We just don’t need the bread. I have a big salad made up in the fridge, so we can have some of that with our meal tonight.

It’s sunny and 55 degrees out there. I may try and get out to the back of the driveway in a bit. It looks like there’s some wind. That’s always the determining factor as to how long I can stay outside. But I’d love to get some sunshine. I’ve been using my light therapy each morning and I think it helps, but there’s nothing like the sun on my face.

I got an email from Delta that our airfare credits which were good through the end of this year are being extended to December 2023 for travel through 2024. I wonder if there’s any way I’ll be able to navigate through our airport and actually take another trip. We have almost $2,000 in credit to be used, and I sure would hate to lose that money completely. Even if DH and I flew to Atlanta, rented a car and drove up to the North Georgia mountains it would be a lovely getaway. But logistics…logistics of how I could possibly navigate all that seem impossible. Oh well, at least there’s more time to think/dream/worry about it, lol.

FloridaCat, your trip sounds amazing. Fingers crossed you’ll be able to go and that you have a fabulous time. We’ve been watching a lot of Escape to the Country episodes and my dream is for us to go to England/Wales/Scotland. My homeland. All my genealogy research leads me back to there. DH’s family is from Italy, but he would be happy to go to England, lol.

I have a few dishes soaking in the sink and need to go finish them.
Patty when you fly again ask for a wheelchair. When I went to Mexico, we requested one when we bought my ticket. They met me at the desk in the airport. They took me right up to the entrance of the plane. If I needed to, they would have taken me to my seat. It was great. When I arrived in Texas, I had a layover and the attendant asked if I needed to go to the rest room on my way to the layover area. No thank you. He even came back later to see if I was ok and needed anything. No problem when I arrived in Mexico. There was a wheelchair waiting for me right at the plane door. I did tip them $10.00 each. It was amazing in Mexico did not have to stand in long lines they whisk you through ahead of everyone. The only thing was I did wear shoes that were easily slipped on and off since that was a requirement. Also, I had to be examined due to my total knees are titanium and set off the alarms. No big deal. A woman was very nice about it. Also, they asked me if I needed my cane to walk through their alarm system because it was metal. I can walk without it so again not a problem. One of my former patients is a quadriplegic and he flies back and forth to his home in Arizona. They take him in a wheelchair right to his seat. He always asks for the one in the bulkhead since it has more room.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:13 pm I also have an overactive bladder - so that contributes to this nonsense - lol
Bummer..
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I had a successful walk to work this morning and home this evening. Heated up some chili for supper. Lunch was split pea soup brought from home. I need to make a doctor's appointment - I have a mild but annoying earache.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:30 pm I had a successful walk to work this morning and home this evening. Heated up some chili for supper. Lunch was split pea soup brought from home. I need to make a doctor's appointment - I have a mild but annoying earache.
Glad you made it to work and home again safely.

Bummer on the earache. Hope you feel better soon.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:32 pm Glad you made it to work and home again safely.

Bummer on the earache. Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you, Janet. On a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the worst pain I could handle, it is probably only a 4 - but it's bad enough that I can't open my mouth very far to eat. I'm going to lay here with my ear on the heating pad and watch some Netflix.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

chocolite wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:23 pm Take care, Bev. Hope you feel better soon.

Jackie, Sister Wives is my guilty pleasure. I saw on the news a few weeks ago that Christine has left Cody and is living near her family in Utah. That one has been coming a long time. I wonder about Merri and how long she’ll hang in. If he’s not careful, Cody may end up with just one wife…at least until he decides to marry some more. Sheesh.

Afternoon all. I had a late night. Finally fell asleep sitting up in my chair (I hate that) around 3, I think. Audrey woke me up at 5:30. I thought she wanted out but no…she was just anxious. Poor thing. It doesn’t happen very much at all anymore – in fact, she did great with all the rain we had last week. But sometimes out of the blue she’ll still have one of her “spells.” Anyway, we went to bed then. I didn’t get up until almost 10! I hate all these weird sleep patterns.

I was supposed to see the pain doc today, but they left a voicemail this morning and said they had to reschedule. Angela, my NP, is sick. Makes me wonder if it’s Covid. Anyway, I’m waiting on a call back to get a new appointment. I’m disappointed because I wanted to ask about starting a new drug. Oh well. Patience is not my strong suit, lol. I would love it if they would pick back up with virtual visits. I’ll ask about it when they call me.

I have a roast with veggies in the oven. Ordinarily I would make some biscuits to go with, but no. We just don’t need the bread. I have a big salad made up in the fridge, so we can have some of that with our meal tonight.

It’s sunny and 55 degrees out there. I may try and get out to the back of the driveway in a bit. It looks like there’s some wind. That’s always the determining factor as to how long I can stay outside. But I’d love to get some sunshine. I’ve been using my light therapy each morning and I think it helps, but there’s nothing like the sun on my face.

I got an email from Delta that our airfare credits which were good through the end of this year are being extended to December 2023 for travel through 2024. I wonder if there’s any way I’ll be able to navigate through our airport and actually take another trip. We have almost $2,000 in credit to be used, and I sure would hate to lose that money completely. Even if DH and I flew to Atlanta, rented a car and drove up to the North Georgia mountains it would be a lovely getaway. But logistics…logistics of how I could possibly navigate all that seem impossible. Oh well, at least there’s more time to think/dream/worry about it, lol.

FloridaCat, your trip sounds amazing. Fingers crossed you’ll be able to go and that you have a fabulous time. We’ve been watching a lot of Escape to the Country episodes and my dream is for us to go to England/Wales/Scotland. My homeland. All my genealogy research leads me back to there. DH’s family is from Italy, but he would be happy to go to England, lol.

I have a few dishes soaking in the sink and need to go finish them.
Patty, For travel, consider using a wheel chair to get around the airport. They seem to trat people really well. they coudl wheel you most places and you could save your energy for when you really need to walk. And who cares who sees you, those people don't know you. You will never see them again.