Get four at-⁠home COVID-⁠19 tests for free

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Re: Get four at-⁠home COVID-⁠19 tests for free

Post by ownedbydogs »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:02 pm Hopefully this will be the last year. Spanish Flu pandemic lasted over two years.

But yes, makes you wonder.
The only difference was that the Spanish flu was natural and COVID was man made.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ownedbydogs wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:44 am The only difference was that the Spanish flu was natural and COVID was man made.
You’ve been listening to too much conspiracy talk. No matter what Fox and NewsMax say, Covid’s beginnings are uncertain.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

frugalaaron wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:31 pm This deal just went live:

Every home in the U.S. is now eligible to order four free at-⁠home COVID-⁠19 tests. The tests are completely free. Filling out the request takes less than a minute.

https://www.covidtests.gov/
YES, I got the free tests and also your insurance can reimburse you for ones that you may have purchased although you may have had to buy them after a certain date for instance.

BUT anyone who has KAISER medical insurance-(I would check with your insurance as well), since Preston had Covid, they covered a whole box of FREE Covid goodies lol for each person in our family! So it is a huge box(I have not had the chance to open it yet) but we were to get gloves, masks, tests, etc. They even provide an outside source of food meals going to your house at 6.99 per meal (for me it did not look too appetizing and I was ok to cook still but may have utilized it if I was the one with Covid and couldn't cook!). SO I thought that was good and thank the pediatrician who notified us of this when Preston had Covid. Of course, lol the kt came AFTER he finally tests negative and went back to school. Isn't it funny how it works or maybe it is just my life that this happens to!? Idk-let me know-Murphy's law maybe!? I am at least set for the next time, but truthfully I hope we never have a next time!!! I am stocked up well now bc I went crazy ordering everything for us when he got Covid and now afterward I get all the freebies coming in!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

You can now order an additional 4 tests (2 boxes) of the at-home Covid tests for free from the federal government. I just read it in the NYT and ordered my tests. This may be good for so many of you questioning whether you have Covid, a cold, sinus or whatever.

https://www.covidtests.gov/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Finally received the first four yesterday evening and ordered four more this afternoon.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I never knew how lucky we are that here in some places in Canada you can pick them up at a grocery store, the libraries, or the fire department. All free of charge.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/