Daily Check In January 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalaaron

Re: Daily Check In January 19, 2022

Post by frugalaaron »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:22 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I would have been back before now but I was passing on some information about the forum and Erin's blog to someone who means a great deal to me. Hopefully she joins our group. Young and vibrant, just what we need more of. No offence Snowangel, and Momoftwo.
Please let me know when she's registered, so that I can activate her account. Due to all the spam registrations in the recent past, all new accounts are inactive until I manually activate them.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

frugalaaron wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:34 pm Please let me know when she's registered, so that I can activate her account. Due to all the spam registrations in the recent past, all new accounts are inactive until I manually activate them.
Okay I will ask if she has registered and what name she used. Look for a Tessa and if you see her that is it (in case I don't hear back from her).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:29 pm SAD NEWS!! The movie, The Professor and The Madman, isn't on Canadian Netflix yet. I hope it does come to Canada's netflix. Now that I know it exists? I REALLY want to see it! Patty, tell me who stars in each of the two main characters! Thanks! I sure hope you like the movie!
MJ
MJ, I loved the movie. And you're right, it seems too fantastic to be a true story but I looked it up after watching it, and it is. Wow. So the professor is played by Mel Gibson and the madman is played by Sean Penn. They both are brilliant, but Sean Penn's performance is nothing short of amazing...Oscar-worthy. I hope it becomes available soon on your Netflix.
Patty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

chocolite wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:04 pm MJ, I loved the movie. And you're right, it seems too fantastic to be a true story but I looked it up after watching it, and it is. Wow. So the professor is played by Mel Gibson and the madman is played by Sean Penn. They both are brilliant, but Sean Penn's performance is nothing short of amazing...Oscar-worthy. I hope it becomes available soon on your Netflix.
Thanks Patty!

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it! See?! I told you it was just TOO crazy to be true but it really was! Can you believe it! So happy to hear it's a good movie. I sure hope it comes out up here too!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.