Daily Check In January 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In January 19, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 am Good morning,

Prayers are needed here.

Took DH in for his surgeons/wound care appointment yesterday.

He could barely make it from the car to the office, the wound care nurse had us go to the ER.

They admitted him yesterday, I couldn't go in with him.

He had left his phone at home, they did allow me to bring it and a couple of other things and they gave them to him.

I have told my younger sister and she said that she was on her way over, (how sweet is that?) but I told her not to come, I was just in the car.

DH's sister called last night, I didn't tell her, she has so much to worry about and there is nothing that she can do about it right now.

My family is "older" than the DH's family. his grandmother was just 4 years older than my mother.

We always talked about death, we had so much of it, it was just part of our lives.

Yesterday, DH told me that he didn't want to be buried that he wanted to be above ground not in the ground. (I forget what it's called )

His mother' has room in her's, but he said no he wanted to be with me. that is sweet :shock:

when my father died in 1985 I bought a plot near him, so that won't work now, I'll have to look into another place, the same cemetery as my family, not his.

My parents are buried, not together, but in the same cemetery, also my grandparents, (3 of them) and great-grandparents.

I'm glad that he told me, no, he is not dying right now, but we are 71.

We will find out today if he is released or taken to another hospital for more tests. He does have CHF. (congestive heart failure)

The dogs are missing him.

IC
IC I am so sorry to hear this. I have said a prayer for both of you and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care ((hug)) your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MJ!!!

Hope you are having a lovely day.
Patty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning almost afternoon here. I had a curbside pickup at Walmart this morning. I had originally planned it for Thursday but there is a cold front moving in and by Thursdays it is going to be maybe (8 F) with a (-13 F) windchill. I did not want those poor workers having to get out in the cold for me, so I moved it up to this morning. The Temp has been dropping all day and the wind is picking up. My aide called off sick, so I am going to have to go ahead and do what I need to do to try to cut down on the cold in the house. I have heavier double drapes to put over the deck door in the kitchen and in my bedroom. They are are two pairs of drapes sewn together to put over the windows and door. My bedroom has three huge windows all in a row and they allow a lot of cold air to come in. the same for the deck door. Also, I plan on putting a space blanket over the fireplace. When it gets this cold, the fireplace does not throw out heat and in fact sucks the indoor heat up the chimney. I had planned on doing this after Christmas, but we had so many mild days and it made me complacent.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Happy birthday MJ. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

One load of laundry almost dry!

Happy Birthday MJ.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 am Good morning,

Prayers are needed here.

Took DH in for his surgeons/wound care appointment yesterday.

He could barely make it from the car to the office, the wound care nurse had us go to the ER.

They admitted him yesterday, I couldn't go in with him.

He had left his phone at home, they did allow me to bring it and a couple of other things and they gave them to him.

I have told my younger sister and she said that she was on her way over, (how sweet is that?) but I told her not to come, I was just in the car.

DH's sister called last night, I didn't tell her, she has so much to worry about and there is nothing that she can do about it right now.

My family is "older" than the DH's family. his grandmother was just 4 years older than my mother.

We always talked about death, we had so much of it, it was just part of our lives.

Yesterday, DH told me that he didn't want to be buried that he wanted to be above ground not in the ground. (I forget what it's called )

His mother' has room in her's, but he said no he wanted to be with me. that is sweet :shock:

when my father died in 1985 I bought a plot near him, so that won't work now, I'll have to look into another place, the same cemetery as my family, not his.

My parents are buried, not together, but in the same cemetery, also my grandparents, (3 of them) and great-grandparents.

I'm glad that he told me, no, he is not dying right now, but we are 71.

We will find out today if he is released or taken to another hospital for more tests. He does have CHF. (congestive heart failure)

The dogs are missing him.

IC
Your family is in my prayers.