Daily Check In January 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In January 19, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Happy Birthday MJ.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all.

Don't know where the time went today but it just got up and went. Can't believe that I've been up almost 12 hours already (couldn't get to sleep past 1:00A; laid in bed till 2:30ish and finally got up.

Read the newspaper and a couple of magazines I got free subscriptions to, did full range of exercising, went to grocery store to pick up sale items, colored 4 more butterflies (will hold rest for class), watched some You Tube videos and of course, now I'm yawning LOL.

Maybe I'll go lay down for a half hour when I finish this. Placed order for my Covid test kits yesterday. Called our emergency phone number last night about 6:00 as radiators were cold. Turns out there was a problem with the boiler which they had just finished repairing only about 1/2 hour before.

Well nothing earth shattering so I'll go for now. Take care all.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Happy Birthday, MJ!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from visiting my friend. It was fun but traffic was terrible, especially going there.

Now to watch the Biden news conference, which should have been held in the evening for more viewers.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 am Good morning,

Prayers are needed here.

Took DH in for his surgeons/wound care appointment yesterday.

He could barely make it from the car to the office, the wound care nurse had us go to the ER.

They admitted him yesterday, I couldn't go in with him.

He had left his phone at home, they did allow me to bring it and a couple of other things and they gave them to him.

I have told my younger sister and she said that she was on her way over, (how sweet is that?) but I told her not to come, I was just in the car.

DH's sister called last night, I didn't tell her, she has so much to worry about and there is nothing that she can do about it right now.

My family is "older" than the DH's family. his grandmother was just 4 years older than my mother.

We always talked about death, we had so much of it, it was just part of our lives.

Yesterday, DH told me that he didn't want to be buried that he wanted to be above ground not in the ground. (I forget what it's called )

His mother' has room in her's, but he said no he wanted to be with me. that is sweet :shock:

when my father died in 1985 I bought a plot near him, so that won't work now, I'll have to look into another place, the same cemetery as my family, not his.

My parents are buried, not together, but in the same cemetery, also my grandparents, (3 of them) and great-grandparents.

I'm glad that he told me, no, he is not dying right now, but we are 71.

We will find out today if he is released or taken to another hospital for more tests. He does have CHF. (congestive heart failure)

The dogs are missing him.

IC
Oh! IC, that is so much going on all at once. I'll keep DH is my prayers and on the mind. I hope all the tests and such allow for good treatment results. You take care of yourself too. We care about you both!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

chocolite wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:22 pm

I have come to the conclusion that I cannot allow myself to go through another extended period of time without leaving the house. It’s frightening how very “on the brink” I feel where my mobility is concerned. I’ve been allowing my fear of falling to keep me from going places. But I must continue to get out. All I can do is be as careful and as smart as I can. It will be a lot easier when the weather is nicer…but if I wait until then to do it, I might not be able to.

A friend recommended a movie to me yesterday and I thought I’d pass it on: The Professor and the Madman. It’s on Netflix. It’s about the man who wrote the Oxford English Dictionary. It sounds right up my alley and I thought maybe some of yours as well. I think I’ll watch it later today.
Patty,

I'm a bit of the same as you about leaving the house. For me? It has more to do with my PTSD. I don't want to go on a walk, despite being told that I should, because I am so scared about someone "sneaking" up on me. I did try ONCE and went for a walk on the walking path across from my house. UGH! A bunch of teenage boys on bicycles swinging tennis rackets raced up behind me and that kinda did it. Also, I should be doing it for my back. It might help to get other muscles worked to support it. I keep debating with my shrink on how to go about doing it without being terrified of those "sneaking' up on me. Much too long a history of being snuck up on with less than desirable results.

THE PROFESSOR AND THE MADMAN!! This is from a book written by Simon Winchester. I have that book. Holy smoley!! I am SO GLAD you posted that this movie is on NETFLIX!! I absolutely ADORED the book!! So extremely fascinating and rereadable You won't believe all that goes into making the OED dictionary. It's an amazing story and I am going to see if we have it on CANADIAN Netflix and watch it tonight for my birthday. :D

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.