Daily Check In January 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check In January 19, 2022

Post by chocolite »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 am Good morning,

Prayers are needed here.

Took DH in for his surgeons/wound care appointment yesterday.

He could barely make it from the car to the office, the wound care nurse had us go to the ER.

They admitted him yesterday, I couldn't go in with him.

He had left his phone at home, they did allow me to bring it and a couple of other things and they gave them to him.

I have told my younger sister and she said that she was on her way over, (how sweet is that?) but I told her not to come, I was just in the car.

DH's sister called last night, I didn't tell her, she has so much to worry about and there is nothing that she can do about it right now.

My family is "older" than the DH's family. his grandmother was just 4 years older than my mother.

We always talked about death, we had so much of it, it was just part of our lives.

Yesterday, DH told me that he didn't want to be buried that he wanted to be above ground not in the ground. (I forget what it's called )

His mother' has room in her's, but he said no he wanted to be with me. that is sweet :shock:

when my father died in 1985 I bought a plot near him, so that won't work now, I'll have to look into another place, the same cemetery as my family, not his.

My parents are buried, not together, but in the same cemetery, also my grandparents, (3 of them) and great-grandparents.

I'm glad that he told me, no, he is not dying right now, but we are 71.

We will find out today if he is released or taken to another hospital for more tests. He does have CHF. (congestive heart failure)

The dogs are missing him.

IC
IC, I will be praying for your DH - and for you too. Hang in there!
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:25 am Yes, sweet, but very unexpected. I am glad that get told me.

IC
So sorry to hear this - but that was sweet that he wants y'all to be together. Take care.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept until after 7 am this morning. I am very tired today.

I have 2 packages coming today. One is out for delivery the other one isn’t yet.

I have washed or am in the process of washing the last of my fabric that needs pre-washing. The last load is in the dryer.

I cut out the denim fabric for a Mini backpack, change purse size.

My sister was too tired to talk on Sunday, so she suggested I call this morning. We had a nice visit.

I need to organize my sewing area again. It tends to get things pilled there.

I also need to sort fabric. I have some fat quarters I bought a year or so ago that I bought again. I want to put them together by color.

I am seriously thinking of ordering in my lunch. I am just not sure what I want.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I finally got out of bed around ten. Not that I was sleeping of course.

I think the restless rounds started at 3:30am. LOL

This is getting old. Will have to do something about it. Maybe need to exercise more? When the weather improves will start doing that. Probably need to start eating better also.

This getting old is getting old.

The sun is out and should be a nice warm day. But then the cold comes back tomorrow. I hate the cold. Oh well what can you do.

Take care all.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

ICFrugal,

Praying deep prayers for your husband and for you. I pray for strength for both of you and healing. I pray you have great doctors and that they communicate fully with both of you.
I am so glad you have your dogs; it helps to have something to concentrate on.
(((both of you)))

JCKitty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning all. It is overcast today and in the mid-50s, supposed to rain off and on. I’ll be glad when it does because my sinuses are giving me fits. Anyway, I’m glad I don’t have to leave the house today. But the rain is bringing the cold with it and tomorrow when I have to pick up groceries it will only be in the 20s. Brrr! Guess I didn’t plan that one very well. I did get out yesterday afternoon to the back of the driveway. It was so nice. The sun was out and there was just a light breeze. Made me wish for spring. I sat out for about a half hour before the sun went behind a cloud and I got chilled.

Not too much on the agenda today. I have almost all of the Christmas stuff back in the bins, but there’s still a few things scattered on my dining room table that need to be dealt with and hopefully I’ll get those sorted today. We still have roast with veggies and that will be supper tonight, along with the last of the salad.

I have come to the conclusion that I cannot allow myself to go through another extended period of time without leaving the house. It’s frightening how very “on the brink” I feel where my mobility is concerned. I’ve been allowing my fear of falling to keep me from going places. But I must continue to get out. All I can do is be as careful and as smart as I can. It will be a lot easier when the weather is nicer…but if I wait until then to do it, I might not be able to.

A friend recommended a movie to me yesterday and I thought I’d pass it on: The Professor and the Madman. It’s on Netflix. It’s about the man who wrote the Oxford English Dictionary. It sounds right up my alley and I thought maybe some of yours as well. I think I’ll watch it later today.
Patty