Daily Check-in January 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in January 20, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

So while having my second cup of coffee, I thought I would check the weather down the road a little bit.

Supposedly when we head for the big city the weather will be coldish but fairly decent for a winter's day here on the prairies. But considering it is over a week away that could be up for change. I will be watching it closely from now until the day we leave. Keeping track of road conditions as well.

While looking at the weather though I noticed a warm up, but with that warm up comes more snow and blowing snow. They are predicting a snow storm for tomorrow. Great, and we have to take the truck in really early in the morning. Crap, I hate driving in that kind of weather.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

The temperature has not yet gone below 32º. Later today it is supposed to go below freezing tomorrow morning’s low is predicted to be 29º. Right now it is 35º

My left shoulder really hurts but I think it is the temperature. Plus there is another front coming in from the west.

I called Comfort care to make arrangements for my ride for labs in 2 weeks.
I can’t call for my next appointment until this coming Wednesday.

I have a towel wash in the dryer.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Janet, I hope that your SIL has a mild case of Covid and that your DB does not catch it. Their condo in Mexico sounds really nice.

I had a very hard getting to sleep last night which is unusual for me. So I slept until almost 8:30. It will be warm today and tomorrow and then our cooler weather and rain arrives on Saturday with Sunday into Monday being our coldest night.

The past few days I haven’t felt great, digestive issues not Covid. I still may go for my passport photo but might wait until tomorrow. I’ve got to get the passport renewal in the mail soon. They say the renewals and applications are taking several months.

Later I’ll go to mom’s house. I have the big can full but did not put it out on Monday so will put that out and maybe gather a few things for donation.

Penny, Janet and others with compromised immune systems. Just an FYI. There is a new antibody treatment available that can be used before getting Covid in some cases. It’s called Evusheld. Neighbor with leukemia mentioned that she was going to Ocala (about 100 miles) to get it. I wondered if it was legit and looked it up and it is a new FDA treatment with emergency authorization. It is made by AstraZenica. It was mentioned in a story in our local paper today, too.

Not much else.

Everyone have a great and safe day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Janet (and Jackie) If I went to mexico I would be committing to a long snowbird type stay not just a vacation so I would not worry about my ability to return as such. I have, very casually looked at expat apartments and snowbird locations, but at this point I think I would just go further south to Clem's idea of very low on the gulf coast.

Janet, my bedroom and my living room have large temp differences. Right now it's only seventy in the living room but was working on 73 in the bedroom. So I will kick it up again when I climb out from under this blanket. My hallway is a breezeway and I think that affects it, who knows.

Jackie, I love my dot. I actually got it because I cannot have a screen of any kind beeing seen, When I go to a hotel the first thing I do is turn the alarm clock around. Also I use it for music before I sleep and just tell it to go off in an hour. There is a way to both use the dot as a night light and I am pretty sure there is a way to make the blue silent at night.

Having said that the only time I have ever used an alarm since retiring was to catch a plane or for fasting blood work. I let my body tell me what to do.
I at least have the trash out and the pork chops in the slow cooker. Everything else is negotiable.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Drat ... hit the wrong key and sent my first post away.

Anyway, it's 16 degrees and the sun is finally coming out. Hope that warms things up a bit.

Waiting for the vet to call. Took Little Girl in to get those bad teeth extracted, crossing my fingers that all will go well. I promised that she could have her own can of fish cat food when she came home. No sharing with her brother :lol:

Let's see ... the shoes I ordered turned out to be too snug! Makes no sense. But back they go, and hoping I can do an exchange.

Otherwise, dealing with a bunch of annoyances this week. Nothing major, just a string of things that wouldn't go right (like the shoes).

Mackie, Janet and IC, wishing your ill ones a quick recovery! Florida, hope you're feeling better, too.

M.J. Happy Birthday Week!🎈🎈🎈

Kitty, (((hugs))) to you, and it's good to see you back!

And if I've forgotten someone, apologies ...

So, today, more laundry. I intend to work on the cover I'm making for the recliner. Not sure what time I can get Little Girl, so may make dinner a bit early ... that way I can just warm it up when DH gets home.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfeT, I hope Little Girl sails through it all and feels so much better without those bad teeth.
Mackie