Daily Check-in January 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in January 20, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:10 am Good morning. It is a frosty (7 F) with a windchill of (-6 F). It is going to warm up to around (19 F). I slept well and stayed warm in my bedroom with just two fleecy throws and two sheets. I keep a sheet on top of my bedding since Teddi likes to sleep on my bed and it protects the rest of the bedding. I had the thermostat set to 64 F and I actually got too hot. The rest of the house is different story with the open floor plan it is always a bit chilly in there. I got the fireplace covered with a space blanket yesterday. Still need to hang the double drapes in the breakfast room and my bedroom. I worked a lot on my paper monster yesterday while watching pre-recorded programs. There are so many I need to work on watching them before I run out of room on the recorder.

My brother sent a late evening email yesterday. My SIL has covid. They are at their condo in Mexico. He took her to the hospital yesterday. They kept her for 5 hours and gave her an IV and a couple of shots. Sent her home and told to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen every six hours. I had asked my brother many times to reconsider going to Mexico because of her medical problems. She has a fib, a mild stroke last year and very weak lungs due to chronic asthma plus she is 79 y/o. He felt they would be ok since they were vaccinated and had their boosters. I hope she will pull through ok. Their son had been there since Dec 30th and he and his wife flew back to Tennessee on the 15th. They think they have covid as well. They are getting tested. My nephew had covid a while back and was vaccinated and waiting to get his booster. He now has had his booster as does his wife and they both most likely have covid. People be careful. The shots do not make you bullet proof.

Today I will be putting up my double drapes and then working on the paper monster again.

Have a good and frugal day and stay safe.
I hope your family is ok and gets through covid quickly.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hi All~
MJ....Happy Birthday!
Jackie,I bundle up like that. For some reason I get really cold at night.
Lots of ice here.
Making a big pot of chili tonight. I am being really good about using up every bit of food. Trying to do much better in that department.
I hope everyone not feeling well improves quickly.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LWolfT, I hope that Little Girl made out well with her teeth cleaning. Yes, she deserves a can of her favorite food!

I’m home from getting my passport photo and it worked out great. The AAA guy was so nice. He was the only person I saw and the camera was set up at the front of the office so I think the risk was minimal. Best part is that it was free! He said that because I was a longtime AAA member, he would waive the $8.56 charge (which is still a deal compared to the drugstore photos). I asked if he could take 10 years off me, but darn it, No. But I’m happy with the photo.

I’ll send the old passport and renewal form certified mail. The AAA guy said the passport backlog is not as bad now, 6 to 8 weeks.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Household chores completed. I got a few things out of the hall and put an open container beside the bench for our most worn toques and gloves.

Now comes some work on the rug.

Quilter I have one dot and a Google Nest. I am really thinking of getting a second dot for our bedroom instead of moving the one out of my sewing room.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Supposedly the high of the day is right now, at 37 degrees F., but it's so overcast and damp that it feels colder. We've had the outside office door open so much for deliveries that I'm freezing.

Tonight I think our heavy winter blanket needs to go on the bed. There's no heat in our bedroom with the door closed and it's too cold for me in there. I'm sure somewhere out there in technoland there's a very expensive bed for couples that blows out heat on one side and sucks in cold air on the other, just for people like me and DH. :-D
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:22 pm Supposedly the high of the day is right now, at 37 degrees F., but it's so overcast and damp that it feels colder. We've had the outside office door open so much for deliveries that I'm freezing.

Tonight I think our heavy winter blanket needs to go on the bed. There's no heat in our bedroom with the door closed and it's too cold for me in there. I'm sure somewhere out there in technoland there's a very expensive bed for couples that blows out heat on one side and sucks in cold air on the other, just for people like me and DH. :-D
That is about our temperature right now! It isn't too damp but we do have some wind gusts. I have already been out with the senior pups at least ten times! Had to start wearing the wool cap.

The COD got this super soft warm UGG blanket for Christmas. He gave it to me. Love it.