Daily Check-in January 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in January 20, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

Just to get us started. Off to get coffee.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in January 20, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is a frosty (7 F) with a windchill of (-6 F). It is going to warm up to around (19 F). I slept well and stayed warm in my bedroom with just two fleecy throws and two sheets. I keep a sheet on top of my bedding since Teddi likes to sleep on my bed and it protects the rest of the bedding. I had the thermostat set to 64 F and I actually got too hot. The rest of the house is different story with the open floor plan it is always a bit chilly in there. I got the fireplace covered with a space blanket yesterday. Still need to hang the double drapes in the breakfast room and my bedroom. I worked a lot on my paper monster yesterday while watching pre-recorded programs. There are so many I need to work on watching them before I run out of room on the recorder.

My brother sent a late evening email yesterday. My SIL has covid. They are at their condo in Mexico. He took her to the hospital yesterday. They kept her for 5 hours and gave her an IV and a couple of shots. Sent her home and told to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen every six hours. I had asked my brother many times to reconsider going to Mexico because of her medical problems. She has a fib, a mild stroke last year and very weak lungs due to chronic asthma plus she is 79 y/o. He felt they would be ok since they were vaccinated and had their boosters. I hope she will pull through ok. Their son had been there since Dec 30th and he and his wife flew back to Tennessee on the 15th. They think they have covid as well. They are getting tested. My nephew had covid a while back and was vaccinated and waiting to get his booster. He now has had his booster as does his wife and they both most likely have covid. People be careful. The shots do not make you bullet proof.

Today I will be putting up my double drapes and then working on the paper monster again.

Have a good and frugal day and stay safe.
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Gray, wet day here with snow expected 1 to 3 inches. Just missed the weather report to see exactly where the 3 inch line is vs. where I am. Actually just caught the weather and southern Westchester is on the higher end. Not that 3 inches is a lot, but any snow is a lot in my opinion.

Read the newspaper, actually 2 and my emails; scanned and emailed some documents, finished exercising, watched some You Tube videos and updated my calendar.

Have my tree lights on and an totally enjoying them. Glad I haven't yet put it away.

I have my Zoom bingo game today but not sure as to whether I want to play today; won't know until just about that time. Other than that the day will be spontaneous.

Making hot sausage with peppers and onion tonight.

Well guess I'll go for now. Have a good one all.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:10 am
My brother sent a late evening email yesterday. My SIL has covid. They are at their condo in Mexico. He took her to the hospital yesterday. They kept her for 5 hours and gave her an IV and a couple of shots. Sent her home and told to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen every six hours. I had asked my brother many times to reconsider going to Mexico because of her medical problems. She has a fib, a mild stroke last year and very weak lungs due to chronic asthma plus she is 79 y/o. He felt they would be ok since they were vaccinated and had their boosters. I hope she will pull through ok. Their son had been there since Dec 30th and he and his wife flew back to Tennessee on the 15th. They think they have covid as well. They are getting tested. My nephew had covid a while back and was vaccinated and waiting to get his booster. He now has had his booster as does his wife and they both most likely have covid. People be careful. The shots do not make you bullet proof.
Sorry to hear about your family and their bouts with Covid. Wishing them all short and mild cases.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning all

Janet, I will be thinking of your family.

I know it's frustrating but I suspect that they are getting medical care there that is at least as good as they would get at home, although it can be frustrating being so far from home. If I could go to the warm and get away from all our political stuff I would do it. I do think we will almost all get Covid in some form before the year is out and that all the vaccine will do is lessen the symptoms. That doesnt mean I'm not masking and all that, but I think it is what it is.

I seem to be on the asleep by ten and up around six thirty to seven thirty merry go round right now which is fine for me. It's a crappy twenty some degrees out right now (which is warm for some of you I know), and will warm up to a crappy thirty six degrees. I am going nowhere. Got out of bed, kicked up the heat, got my coke and am now back in bed till the house heats up.

I've decided that I will cut wherever I need to but 69 at night and 72 or so day is the lowest I am going. Granted that is electric heat.

Today I need to get the trash out and empty the dishwasher and put in a load of clothes. Oh and then throw the pork chops in the slow cooker. That's my housework quotient for the day.

After that I plan to knit, cut out all the fabrics for the valentine quilting from the fat quarter set I ordered and work on other creative projects. I also have a new book. I also need to walk twenty minutes inside and do a seated aerobic routine,

Back later
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:10 am Good morning. It is a frosty (7 F) with a windchill of (-6 F). It is going to warm up to around (19 F). I slept well and stayed warm in my bedroom with just two fleecy throws and two sheets. I keep a sheet on top of my bedding since Teddi likes to sleep on my bed and it protects the rest of the bedding. I had the thermostat set to 64 F and I actually got too hot. The rest of the house is different story with the open floor plan it is always a bit chilly in there. I got the fireplace covered with a space blanket yesterday. Still need to hang the double drapes in the breakfast room and my bedroom. I worked a lot on my paper monster yesterday while watching pre-recorded programs. There are so many I need to work on watching them before I run out of room on the recorder.

Today I will be putting up my double drapes and then working on the paper monster again.

Have a good and frugal day and stay safe.
It is for this exact Covid reason I am worried about relatives who are holidaying in Mexico right now. I heard the cases are rampant, and the countries vaccination rate is very low. Many who have traveled down there from here are now stuck down there with Covid and having to rebook their flights back to Canada as they need to be negative in order to get on a plane and across the borders home. Many have had to change hotels at their cost and the changed flights usually cost an arm and a leg they are finding.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/