Daily Check-in January 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in January 20, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:54 am Drat ... hit the wrong key and sent my first post away.

Anyway, it's 16 degrees and the sun is finally coming out. Hope that warms things up a bit.

Waiting for the vet to call. Took Little Girl in to get those bad teeth extracted, crossing my fingers that all will go well. I promised that she could have her own can of fish cat food when she came home. No sharing with her brother :lol:

Let's see ... the shoes I ordered turned out to be too snug! Makes no sense. But back they go, and hoping I can do an exchange.

Otherwise, dealing with a bunch of annoyances this week. Nothing major, just a string of things that wouldn't go right (like the shoes).

Mackie, Janet and IC, wishing your ill ones a quick recovery! Florida, hope you're feeling better, too.

M.J. Happy Birthday Week!🎈🎈🎈

Kitty, (((hugs))) to you, and it's good to see you back!

And if I've forgotten someone, apologies ...

So, today, more laundry. I intend to work on the cover I'm making for the recliner. Not sure what time I can get Little Girl, so may make dinner a bit early ... that way I can just warm it up when DH gets home.
I hope Little Girl did well today.....on to the food treat!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

OMG - just found out that the lady I used to call the "super spreader" has Covid again!

I'm glad I did not go to any events this week.

She is out and about every single day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:34 pm OMG - just found out that the lady I used to call the "super spreader" has Covid again!

I'm glad I did not go to any events this week.

She is out and about every single day.
She really is a super spreader.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We took the truck in today. That means I don't have to worry about what time I wake up tomorrow.

I finished the two small sections of the rug and I am getting closer to the end. I am really looking forward to the end of this project.

I should also finish at least one sock. Things are moving along. I have an idea for another project so I may have an addition to my project list.

The hall is pretty much tidied and organized so tomorrow I will start on the closets and hall pantry.

Supper is in the oven and will be ready by 6. I will be able to knit and watch the final episode of Women of the Movement.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Catching it twice is quite an achievement, Clem. You think she'll go for three out of three?

I am home at last. Lordy, we have so many sick kids. The counseling office was bringing over bags of little cups of soft foods they could heat up to soothe their throats, Theraflu, cough drops, and ice cube trays, and we gave out 24 cases of bottled water. Our office looks like a small Walmart. This is a siege right now.

Bev, I hope you are okay.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:07 pm Catching it twice is quite an achievement, Clem. You think she'll go for three out of three?

I am home at last. Lordy, we have so many sick kids. The counseling office was bringing over bags of little cups of soft foods they could heat up to soothe their throats, Theraflu, cough drops, and ice cube trays, and we gave out 24 cases of bottled water. Our office looks like a small Walmart. This is a siege right now.

Bev, I hope you are okay.
It is sad cuz she and her twin sisters were all in the hospital at the same time. One of the twins died.