Daily Check-in January 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-in January 20, 2022

Post by LWolfT »

Thank you all for the well wishes! Little Girl did well, and is very happy to be home.
So far, she's chowed down about a quarter of that can of cat food. Big Boy is somewhat freaked because she smells funny
Up next ... Antibiotics :shock:
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis,

I am just getting checked in.

Because it was -31C temp and -48C windchill when I got up, it was cold in here. Not what it is supposed to be, 66F. The caretaker was by with the heating guy. The fellow that lives across the hall from me said he had no heat and the neighbor right next to me was complaining last night that it was cold. Sounds like the heating guys might be in and out again, UGH! I am back into my electric couch throw.

That was how the morning went. This afternoon, I went out with a friend and hit up Safeway for some bread, dishwasher detergent and some chips. This weekend is a big NFL weekend and it definitely calls for snacks for nervous eating if my teams is getting killed! Hopefully that won't happen though!!

Came home and caught up on some news and then watched part of a NetFlix series. Not really into it today. I am rewatching the James Taylor and Carol Kind Concert I recorded on January 2nd. It just so beautiful!!

We are currently -29C with windchill -36C. Surprisingly, the weather app on my computer says it's supposed to warm up to -1C tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath though. It will be about -18C on Saturday. Again, I'll wait and see.

Janet,

I am so sorry for your SIL. I hope she has short term illness and a quick and full recovery.

For all the others who are sick, I wish them all the best and toss in some prayers too.

That's the skinny from around here!!
Hope has a good imagination.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:05 pm Thank you all for the well wishes! Little Girl did well, and is very happy to be home.
So far, she's chowed down about a quarter of that can of cat food. Big Boy is somewhat freaked because she smells funny
Up next ... Antibiotics :shock:

Wolf so happy to hear Little Girl did well and is enjoying her meal.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:30 pm Salut mes amis,

I am just getting checked in.

Because it was -31C temp and -48C windchill when I got up, it was cold in here. Not what it is supposed to be, 66F. The caretaker was by with the heating guy. The fellow that lives across the hall from me said he had no heat and the neighbor right next to me was complaining last night that it was cold. Sounds like the heating guys might be in and out again, UGH! I am back into my electric couch throw.

That was how the morning went. This afternoon, I went out with a friend and hit up Safeway for some bread, dishwasher detergent and some chips. This weekend is a big NFL weekend and it definitely calls for snacks for nervous eating if my teams is getting killed! Hopefully that won't happen though!!

Came home and caught up on some news and then watched part of a NetFlix series. Not really into it today. I am rewatching the James Taylor and Carol Kind Concert I recorded on January 2nd. It just so beautiful!!

We are currently -29C with windchill -36C. Surprisingly, the weather app on my computer says it's supposed to warm up to -1C tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath though. It will be about -18C on Saturday. Again, I'll wait and see.

MJ so sorry to hear about the heat problem again especially with the intense cold you are dealing with. Glad you had someone available to take your shopping. Enjoy your games.

Heard from my brother today and my SIL is doing better. No longer has a fever and he is monitoring her O2 level with an oximeter and doing ok. Heard from his son his wife has tested positive for covid. He goes for his test today. He has already had covid once. I hope he will be ok.
Janet Alliesmama