Daily Check in Jan 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Jan 21, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Update

One closet cleaned out and managed to find a few things that have been missing for awhile. Now just to organize it a little bit. I will do the second closet a bit later as my back is starting to twinge a little.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning!
I went to the high school by my house to take a covid test (both PCR and rapid response). The rapid response was negative so I E-mailed the Pre-K peeps to let them now that I could return to work on Monday. So a job number was assigned and I am good to go. I have missed the preschoolers and will be glad to see them. In spite of living with my son I may not have gotten covid at all. I had my booster two weeks before and he had not. But he is through it and returned to work this week.

Not much else going on. There may possibly be a huge transition with DD in the months to come and as a result may be returning to this area. I hate to see a possible breakup but it is what it is. I hope she will weather this without too much difficulty. It does make me sad because they were so happy together and I have been very supportive of them even though I don't care much for the family.

Well that's about it from here. I hope everyone is doing well.

Bev
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Afternoon all. FM, good to hear from you. I may be a minority report here but I will say gently that while a grandbaby is a blessing, said blessing does not mean you need to become a full time caregiver or put your life on hold for another. I am surrounded by grandparents who both help out with their grandchildren occasionally and as needed and still travel.

I am working on time management when it comes to my pain and energy levels (my brain is not an issue). This morning I was in bed for an hour or so after I woke up reading, praying and doing those in bed things and checking online.

When I got out of bed, I rotated the clothes, made a muffin tin full of poached eggs, handwashed a bunch of cooking dishes that were soaking, had breakfast and did a quick house pickup. I did twenty minutes of aerobics and about ten minutes of weights. The rest of the day is no housework and moving slow unless something increases said energy. Oh my daughter did come by and visit briefly and put all the boxes from Christmas away. I'm now eating lunch and knitting with my feet up. At some point I will get up and walk (I try and do it every forty five minutes) and perhaps grab the finished load in the drier.

I have prepared food and leftovers so other than making a salad or heating rolls I am good for a relaxed no energy dinner prep the next few days, knock on wood.

I'm going to church and coffee hour and bible study on Sunday but have pretty much decided not to go to the gospel brunch at the local wine bar afterward (Everything requires a command decision, I tell ya). My daughter suggested I not go, and since she has often called me paranoid since I got the vaccine and she is a health worker, I am going to sit that out. I will go to my church crafting group on Monday, and to lunch for my gourmet grilled cheese this week. Im supposed to go to an introductory class on genealogy but we'll see.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is now 50 degrees and sunny!

Very comfortable outside when I take my pups out. I can sit in the sun. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as they thought it would be. It scared me a bit - PTSD from Snowpocalypse!!!

Frugal Mom - congrats on the grandbaby. But don't wear yourself out. Hope all works out.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:11 pm I for one always go back and read posts in a thread that are done after I go to bed. Go ahead and post whenever as we have missed you greatly.
Awwww, that is so sweet Jackie-thank you! I missed you greatly as well and all of you! Especially when I was going through that rough patch when my daughter came home telling us. I didn't say anything to dh for a few days trying to figure out how to break it to him.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

EllenMarie, it's so good to see a post from you. Congrats on the new grandbaby. Glad Preston is okay.
Patty