Daily Check in Jan 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Jan 21, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I slept fairly well. It is still warm but I think the rain might start today.

The only thing on my agenda is to go to mom’s house to put the can back into the garage. I was able to trim the schefflera yesterday. It was above the roofline again. On my way there, I’ll run into the small P.O. for a priority mail envelope. Reading online, it seems that is the best way to send the passport renewal.

Have a good day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. Yesterday I finally signed up for a Brooklyn N.Y. public library card. My application was successful, so they are supposed to send me an e-mail in a few days for payment of the $50 fee. This is for e-books and audio books only. An out-of-state card there costs the same as a card for the big city library here and the BPL has so many, many more books and new releases.

This little splurge was funded by a couple of items bought on eBay that turned out not be as described/photographed which I have returned and gotten a refund on. I will most likely only be using it for e-books. Every now and then I try audio books, but I tend to fall asleep listening to them.

Otherwise, I am having a break at work for ginger ale and a pumpkin muffin. In about an hour, I go to the ortho guy for shots in my knees, which is both looked-forward-to and dreaded. In case this procedure makes me feel too awful to come back to work, I have squared away everything possible for the day.

It's really cold this morning. If it weren't so dry we'd be having snow. Last night the heavy winter blanket went on the bed and I slept so well! We have two of these blankets, which are made of recycled cotton, that we bought a few years ago at Ollie's Outlet. They are so thick that it's almost like sleeping under a weighted blanket and the bed stays so warm.

Hope you all have a peaceful day, stay snug, and all the ailing ones beloved to us rest well today.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:21 am Good morning! A frosty 4 degrees.
Same old here....
My 13 year old granddaughter wants to have sleepover tonight..16 yr. old will most likely join in. I LOVE that they still like to do this...:)
The chili I made last night was really good. I should make it more often.
I need to reload the wood rack on the porch when it warms up a bit later.
Trees, I remember sleepovers at my grandparents and treasure those times - they were so special. My favorite thing was coming downstairs on a cold morning and they would have a curtain hanging in the doorway of the kitchen (the warm room) and pancakes would be cooking on the griddle. Thank you for helping me remember.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I have half a panettone bread/cake left and am going to turn it into bread pudding. All the recipes I find call for eggs but I have an eggless custard recipe that I'm going to use instead. I did some online research and those cakes stay fresh for eons and mine looks, smells, tastes fine - so we're good.

It will also be a good day for running the self-clean cycle on the oven as it is all of 5 degrees and that warms up the kitchen very well. It has needed it for awhile but I've been waiting for a day like today. I never let it go the full time - it isn't required - it gets all clean in about half the time so I hit the "cancel" button early.

It it is going to be a full day, I am not lacking for chores to do.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept well, the temperature is 36 the low last night was just above freezing.

I have kept several of my empty distilled water bottles I marked them with a T and filled them with tap water. I have bottled water for drinking. If there is a water outage I will be prepared this time.

My garbage and trash is gathered and out.

I have washed my hair I have a clean bottom sheet on my bed. I have a dress wash in the washer ready to go into the dryer. I need to transfer the dresses so I can wash the sheets.

I got a text from H-E-B they were out of my milk, and the shrimp Alfredo dinner I had ordered. So I need to think of something else for dinner. I have food in the apartment so I won’t go hungry, plus I can always order something.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I have done most of my Friday chores, just a few more to accomplish and then it is on to tidying and organizing the coat closet and broom closet/storage area. Loving the idea of having a well organized house.

Got a phone call from the dealership and there are a few extra things that need to be done on Hubby's truck. This may cost a bit more than planned, some is regular maintenance that needs doing at this milage, and some is what was planned for. Hubby told him that if it wasn't finished today that would be just fine.

Went for a bit of a walk and while it is not really icy yet, even with the rain, as the temperature drops through the day it will become so. I am not liking this weather at all.

I have decided to work on the rug until it is finished. I should be able to complete the last section (cutting out two sections after trying it by my sink) by the middle of next week if all goes well. One of the projects down soon and many more to go.

Off to finish some tasks.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/