If anyone had Kaiser insurance

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

If anyone had Kaiser insurance

Post by frugalmom »

I was just on the other thread and posted it on the Covid thread, but just in case you saw that thread and may not go back to see new posts, I will post the info on here. Unfortunately, Preston did get Covid and we were all quarantined for two weeks (he had it for 10 days). Luckily, the rest of us did not get it. Idk if it was bc we were really, really careful or most likely bc we are all fully vaccinated and boostered. Preston refused the booster or at least was trying to delay it. Now he kind of got immunity (a bit of it anyway) from the natural booster! Hopefully, now this will offer some more protection, bc I do not want to go through all that again!

Anyways, if anyone has Kaiser insurance if you have Covid, call them right away and they will send you over a huge box for everyone in the family of gloves, masks, hand sanitizers,etc. Basically, a Covid kit for free all covered by them! I wish I knew a bit earlier bc I bought so much as soon as he got it before I was informed of this free kit! Well, I am set for the next time, but hopefully, there will be no next time!
frugalmom

Re: If anyone had Kaiser insurance

Post by frugalmom »

Here is the 800 number for the covid tests for Kaiser members;
1-800-394-2279 (8am-5 pm). Hope someone is able to use this info!
frugalmom

Re: If anyone had Kaiser insurance

Post by frugalmom »

WOW! I finally got a chance to open the Covid kit box! My goodness-they thought of everything! I got a pack of paper plates and utensils and paper cups for hot drinks(I had definitely used all these up and had to buy more so this is great-you will need to use it bc I was not taking any chances washing dishes). They had personal and big hand sanitizers, masks(although not N95 ones-darn!). But the BYD blue surgical masks are ones I actually buy and like and wore until Omnicron which they say you need N95 ones. But what I do is wear a blue surgical mask over my N95 one so kind of layer of protection so I can wear it more than once since N95 is more expensive, but the blue mask can be disposed of right after use.

I even got body wash/shampoo (but it is the hospital-grade kind that kind of smells like hospital shampoo! But hey it is free, so I will use it anyway-putting that in my emergency bags (well actually it is in ziploc bags and some spilled so maybe not-I may just use it up soon!). Gloves and alcohol swab a germicide type of spray bottle cleaner-looks better than mine looks like it will clean germs lol-hospital grade too.So got a lot I am sure that cost a pretty penny-and I am really appreciative of it! Thanks Kaiser!