Daily Check In January 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In January 22, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Well &#@!. I just found my fifteen dollar Panera card. May not make my calorie goal for the day afterall.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Five below this morning...CHILLY!!!!
Moving firewood....staying in for the most part.
My girls are here..we are doing a puzzle.
I heated up chili for lunch and have no idea what I will make for dinner.
The piece on Afghanistan is truly heartbreaking..sending a donation.
It is so true that as bad as it can get for some in our country...food can be found. Churches..food pantries. etc.
Please God..let things get better for everyone on this planet.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I only get the answer machine when I phone my brother so that means he either did not hang up the phone or it isn't charged up. Other brother is checking things out so I am to call again in 5 minutes.

Snow is still coming down and we have quite the build up. Hopefully it will be warm enough tomorrow and no wind to use the snow blower.

I have finished off one section if the rug and hopefully will get another done soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:37 pm Janet thank you. It's not that kind of pain, its in the pack where my underarm and my shoulder and my arm meet if that says anything. It would probably be considered back pain. It's in that plac that you cant reach to scratch just there. I can't even get my pain cream on it. I know for sure its from exercise, but thanks.
I am glad you feel ok. There are places I cannot reach either. I took one of my long-handled wooden cooking spoons and used it to apply medication on my back. I now keep it in my bedroom to use when the need arises. Do you have any kind of long handled something or other than could be used?
Janet Alliesmama
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Janet for scratching yes gor applying ointment not really.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

chocolite wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:21 pm J I talked with DH about trying to rid our diet of gluten entirely - just to see if it would help his arthritis and mine as well. That is a huge proposition though, and I just don't know if I have the energy to do it right now. One step at a time, I guess.
Before being diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I had arthritis in the ball of my right foot, at the joint at the base of my big toe. Wow, did it hurt, nearly constantly. Came to accept that it was just the way it was going to be; my Dad had arthritis that had set in early, too, and I figured I likely inherited the cause from him.

Along came CD and having to give up everything with gluten. Funny thing, about 2 months into the new way of eating, my foot no longer hurt. Hasn't hurt since. My gastroenterologist wasn't at all surprised, but my PCP sure was! :lol: