Daily Check In January 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In January 22, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have showered and dressed, fixed oatmeal and had it with blueberries.

I am very tired this morning.

Trying to tackle the paper monster. Some I have to respond to with lots of information.

Not really much new here.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:19 am Janet, that's an excellent tip about pinching my nose. It does seem to be mostly sinus, so I will take something for that.
Good I hope that helps. I remember when I first started doing acupressure for my sinuses. I got so much drainage I had laryngitis.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:24 am I have showered and dressed, fixed oatmeal and had it with blueberries.

I am very tired this morning.

Trying to tackle the paper monster. Some I have to respond to with lots of information.

Not really much new here.

Penny
Penny I hope you can rest up and feel better later on. Take care. Your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Verryyyy slow morning here. Woke up once at four and was up for about half an hour then slept until around seven thirty. Sitting with my feet on the ottoman under a blanket and when I get up im going to kick the heat up to a good 72-just not ready to climb up from under yet

There will be no exercising today other than a small walk with my walker this after noon once it hits mid fifties to the mail boxes. Supposedly my test kit arrives today but that may need to be delivered to my door, I dunno. I know that my SS tax form is there and a couple other things.

I am experiencing extreme pain on my left arm-the best way to describe it is in the far back of the arm pit area so moving that arm is hard. Because of a new weight program or overdoing it in my aerobic thing, I dunno. but I continue to bow to my body's pain signals so there will be no exercise today and I am unsure tomorrow.

Today I want to knit on my shawl for an hour or so, probably during football. I I will also either spend some sewing time or practice warping my loom and setting it up. The only housework will be emptying the dishwasher (or not) and perhaps moving clothes to the dryer. Other than that I am mainly horizontal (sitting actually but with legs up) for the day. Dinner will probably be pork chops unless I decide to cook two Schwan's crabcakes. Which actually sounds fantastic as I sit here typing.

I have decided to have a partial buy nothing new year and am trying to decide what the exceptions will be besides fabric and yarn and ortho shoes.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have bought a few things in the new year, but it fell into the necessary category and mostly second-hand. DS is sleeping much better with the new mattress topper I bought him and DH's work from home office is much better with the diffused daylight through the new sheer curtain panel.

My best expenditure was the Brooklym Public Library out of state membership card. I can check out 20 e-books at a time and keep them three weeks. Last night I found 10 to read, so it pretty much paid for itself in a day.
Mackie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Janet, your birthday meal sounds delicious. I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow.

Florida Cat, I watched the news clip you posted. Absolutely heartbreaking. I cried, of course, then went directly to wfp.org to donate. Those poor, poor people. It's just unimaginable.

Mackie, my sinuses have been so messed up with the dry air. I take 12-hour sinus medication and I can tell almost to the minute when it wears off. Ugh...

Good morning, frugal friends. I did not sleep well again last night. I've been lasting the whole night in the bed, but mostly because I know I would freeze if I get up and move to the den. Oh well, at least I don't have to get up and work a long day.

I think I'm going to make a sausage/casserole dish for supper tonight. I got chicken thighs in my Walmart grocery order this week, but I think I'll package them up for the freezer and save them for another time. I've been doing well on my lower carb eating and I can still tell the difference in my feet. Now if I could just regain some balance it would be amazing. But - even though the pins and needles sensation is improved, the numbness/dead feeling is the same. But I will keep going and hope for some further improvement. I talked with DH about trying to rid our diet of gluten entirely - just to see if it would help his arthritis and mine as well. That is a huge proposition though, and I just don't know if I have the energy to do it right now. One step at a time, I guess.

I'm going to be watching the LA Rams vs. Tampa football game tonight. Normally, I'm a Tom Brady/Buccaneers fan, but one of my top 3 all-time favorite Memphis Tigers now plays for the Rams, so I'm pulling for them. It'll be a miracle if they win.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Patty