Daily Check In January 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In January 22, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

Just had a bowl of Patty's Taco Soup for supper. It was so good! It's going to be made around here quite a lot!! Very tasty and filling too.

My Tennessee Titans were tied up in the game with only 20 seconds to go in the game. They were intercepted in their own zone and the Cincanatti Bengals went on to win with a field goal. It was SO close!! Now, as a Minnesota Vikings' fan, I am obligated to cheer heartily AGAINST those weasely Green Bay Packers! I've been cheering for the 49ers this year so I'm okay with cheering like crazy for them to win! Guess I'll see with how the night turns out if one of my teams is going to win. One of the sports analysts picked San Fransisco to win by 10 points. I hope he is correct!

That's the update skinny!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, Hope and the significant other probably did the trick. My cousin who was in prison in the 1980s had a burglar as a cellmate, and a big dog in the house would keep the cellmate away from a home. That guy was a fount of home security recommendations.

I did the grocery shopping -- came in under budget -- and have been lying down reading. It was a tough week.

I think some predator got the neighbors' little rooster. There are feathers on the grass behind the coop. The two ducks and the remaining chicken are all girls. I give them a snack of grain and seeds every day. The little rooster was very friendly and I miss him a lot, poor wee fellow.
Mackie
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:42 pm Sheila, Hope and the significant other probably did the trick. My cousin who was in prison in the 1980s had a burglar as a cellmate, and a big dog in the house would keep the cellmate away from a home.
I've always said that you can't go wrong with a couple of German Shepherds. :D
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:38 pm Update:

Just had a bowl of Patty's Taco Soup for supper. It was so good! It's going to be made around here quite a lot!! Very tasty and filling too.

My Tennessee Titans were tied up in the game with only 20 seconds to go in the game. They were intercepted in their own zone and the Cincanatti Bengals went on to win with a field goal. It was SO close!! Now, as a Minnesota Vikings' fan, I am obligated to cheer heartily AGAINST those weasely Green Bay Packers! I've been cheering for the 49ers this year so I'm okay with cheering like crazy for them to win! Guess I'll see with how the night turns out if one of my teams is going to win. One of the sports analysts picked San Fransisco to win by 10 points. I hope he is correct!

That's the update skinny!

MJ
Green Bay went down!! Great game.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:22 pm VERY CREEPY UPDATE...

My yellow lab, Hope, is a gentle giant - so careful and loving around children, laid back around other dogs, loves it when people pet her when we're out walking, etc. She is also VERY protective and territorial and knows when someone doesn't belong here. Don't mess with her mama, you might lose your face!

Well, a little while ago, she took off barking like crazy and she was MAD. I went through the house to the living room where she was - without turning any lights on - she was in front of the picture window looking out front and a man was standing on my front sidewalk just staring at the house.

After about a minute of Hope's barking, DD's significant other came out of their part of the house to see if anything was wrong. I pointed out the man. We couldn't really see him clearly without letting him see us - but we could tell he was just standing there, staring at the house.

After about another minute, DD's SO took off for the back door to go around the side of the house toward the front. I told him don't get close, don't get into a confrontation, BE CAREFUL, you don't know who you might be dealing with. As soon as the man could see him coming round the side, he took off on up the street.

Is that creepy or what??? I'm not concerned about the guy coming back - I don't know that he was up to anything - (IF anything, maybe thinking my house looked like an easy target - from the front lower level, it looks like nobody is home and you can't see the driveway) but if he was, he now knows that a "mean dog" (ha ha ha - NOT) and a man live here - and he knows he was seen.
Sheila that is scary and creepy. Glad that Hope and your DD friend let him know there is male protection there. He may have seen you walking to work one day or shoveling out the driveway and think you are a single woman living alone. Make sure your doors are always locked. Also lock your bedroom door. One of my patients was a detective on the rape squad he told me all women should have a dead bolt lock on their bedroom doors and use them. I have one on mine and use it every night. Be safe my friend. I know Hope is your alarm but still be vigilant when you are outside on your own.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:42 pm Sheila, Hope and the significant other probably did the trick. My cousin who was in prison in the 1980s had a burglar as a cellmate, and a big dog in the house would keep the cellmate away from a home. That guy was a fount of home security recommendations.

I did the grocery shopping -- came in under budget -- and have been lying down reading. It was a tough week.

I think some predator got the neighbors' little rooster. There are feathers on the grass behind the coop. The two ducks and the remaining chicken are all girls. I give them a snack of grain and seeds every day. The little rooster was very friendly and I miss him a lot, poor wee fellow.
Do they have a protected area for them to stay in or do they run free? Then again something could have swooped down and got him. Poor little guy.
Janet Alliesmama