Daily Check In January 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In January 22, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:08 pm Janet, I have done that to get lotion on my back where I can't reach! Brilliant minds! :)
Yep.. lol
Janet Alliesmama
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:27 pm Green Bay went down!! Great game.

It was a thing of BEAUTY!! 04 seconds on the clock and (opposite of my afternoon game), the 49ers got the field goal to end the tie and win the game!! It was incredible!! Whew! I thought they were goners for quite a while and kept hanging on to see that they could pull it to a tie and then?? That field goal! WOOT!! WOOT!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:43 pm Do they have a protected area for them to stay in or do they run free? Then again something could have swooped down and got him. Poor little guy.
They are inside a fenced yard, but a hawk or owl could have gotten him. There are lots of both around. Even a weasel or a young fox could have slipped under the fence. They don't have a proper coop, just a kind of tarp-covered lean to against an old lawnmower shed.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:38 pm Sheila that is scary and creepy. Glad that Hope and your DD friend let him know there is male protection there. He may have seen you walking to work one day or shoveling out the driveway and think you are a single woman living alone. Make sure your doors are always locked. Also lock your bedroom door. One of my patients was a detective on the rape squad he told me all women should have a dead bolt lock on their bedroom doors and use them. I have one on mine and use it every night. Be safe my friend. I know Hope is your alarm but still be vigilant when you are outside on your own.
I will be very careful, Janet, but I'm sure all is well. The town I live in (don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good things about it) for various reasons, is kind of a "drug town" and we are on a bus route to/from NYC that has connections to a town where there is a state prison - and we get a lot of people "passing through" and have a large homeless population (for the size of our small town). This guy had a big backpack on - which tells me he may have been a "passer through" and trying to figure out where he was going. We also live about a block from a hotel where homeless people are put up.

I noticed that my daughter and her SO did two things differently last night...usually one of them will take their dog out front before they go to bed - and last night they both went out with her - and they always put a dog gate up so Hope can't go into the front part of the house at night - and last night they left the gate down.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:34 pm YIKES!!

That is scary! Thank heavens for Hope! This happened to a friend of mine and I had her call the police and let them know what went on. The police said they would do extra patrols and found the guy down the street in someone's yard! They got a ring camera on the front door after that incident. Maybe you'd like to consider that too?

I shouldn't say "Ring" because that is a brand name I guess. They got a doorbell camera that they can operate through their phone apps and they don't have to pay monthly fees or anything. They got it on Amazon.

For me? I'd be behind a door bawling my face off in fear! That Hope deserves special doggo treatos tonight!!

Thank heavens every one is safe!! Holy smoly!
Hope is a very special girl. My former significant other (who was really very insignificant, lol) was walking my other dog one day - over 5 and a half years ago now, and - LONG story made short, pulled Hope out of a dumpster. He rushed to my work with her, he was so upset, he was shaking - and told me what happened and said he was on his way to the Vet with her. The Vet determined that she was FOUR weeks old!!
I was adamant that we NOT keep her (NO PUPPIES!!) but I got home from work, spent 10 minutes with her, and fell in love. That was in November. In January, Hope contracted the parvo virus and spent 3 days in the animal hospital. In February, when I knew I was going to throw SO out, I went to the town hall and registered Hope in my name.
That following September, a puppy looking EXACTLY like Hope and the SAME AGE as Hope was found in the same dumpster. The police officer who climbed in and got him out kept him.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:03 am They are inside a fenced yard, but a hawk or owl could have gotten him. There are lots of both around. Even a weasel or a young fox could have slipped under the fence. They don't have a proper coop, just a kind of tarp-covered lean to against an old lawnmower shed.
Poor thinks need a nice place to go to at night especially for safety and comfort. We used to have chickens and they had a nice coop to go to at night or during bad weather.
Janet Alliesmama