Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

Post by chocolite »

Evening, everyone. Late check-in for me. After seeing the heartbreaking loss of TN yesterday, it did my heart good to see LA win in the same exact scenario today. These playoff games have been wild this year.

I had my Zoom writing session earlier today and it was productive. I finished up and polished my short story for this month. Didn't work on the novel at all today, but I'm ahead of schedule on it so pretty happy with that. I also got some really good advice on a dilemma I've been having with the storyline. So it was a good session. Hobbes is so funny. At least once during any given Zoom meeting I have he will come walking between me and the camera. Everyone's like, HI HOBBES, lol. He's such a Diva.

I have the Bills/Chargers game on but muted. I don't really have a dog in that fight so I'm not too invested. Both quarterbacks are outstanding. But all this football has put a crimp in my other viewing, lol. I want to rewatch at least part of last season of Ozark before starting the new season, but it may have to wait awhile.

I made roasted chicken thighs for supper, along with salad and the last of the green beans. There are leftovers, plus there's still leftover cabbage/sausage skillet meal, so we'll have a choice tomorrow night.

Have a good night, all.
Patty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:02 pm Janet, you have an awesome brother and sister in law. I know they love you dearly.
I know I am blessed, and I love them so much for just being themselves. They do a lot for other people too.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update;

I have started the renter's "exit plan". I have agonized over this for way too long, researched and written down implications for months.
I have spoken to her and raised her rent starting March1 and told her she needs to be finding something else by late spring early summer and that as soon as the new roof is installed; Rent will go up to closer to market value. To plan accordingly, she can stay if she pays said amount and does NOT harangue on me for things that are minor maintenance.
She was okay with it and said she knows she has been there under my good graces too long.
I felt terrible about this but it has just brought me way too low for too long.

So much of my anguish has been because I want to do the right thing, the Bible tells us to look out for one another and to "do good" I have just had a terrible time trying to figure out how to balance Biblical teaching and this situation.

Thank you all for listening and encouragement.
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Happy Birthday Janet 🎉 🎂 🎈

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have had a long day but enjoyable. Did not make my pineapple upside down muffins ran out of time and energy. The rest of the meal was good, and I have leftovers for tomorrow.

I want to thank the following people for sending me Happy Birthday Greetings. Christmas Trees, Clemencia, Mona %0, Kitty, MJ, Quilter 51 and Penny. Really enjoying have you all as friends in my life. If I overlooked anyone, I am sorry. Your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another crazy football game. Don't even know why I got interested in them. But the Bills/Chiefs game was cray cray - lol