Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Got the steel cut oats cooked and portioned for the freezer. I also made a dozen and a half apple-bran muffins. I was short on almond milk and added some water to the last of a jar of unsweetened applesauce to moistened the batter. They came out so yummy.

There were little bits of brown rice, oatmeal, steel-cut oats, and barley left in packages in the pantry, not enough for a full serving, that I put in a container with some shelled pumpkin seeds and marked for feeding the ducks and chicken next door.

Laundry is almost done. I want to dye our cotton bath mats and hand towels, all of while have faded spots from either bleach cleaner or the chemo cream DH used on his skin cancer, but am having a time finding Rit dye in stock.
Mackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, give her fair notice, whatever the law says you must, and get her out. She causes you more outright anguish than almost anything in your life. You could sell the trailer and not be constantly worrying about it.

There are people who see help as an opportunity to pull themselves up and get onto a better life, but just as many whose problems are too big for the kindness of individuals to solve. You have done your best, but your tenant does not want a better life that she has to work for. (((Hugs)))
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Thought I would just briefly pop in after hearing some of you were wondering how I was. My immediate family and myself are all well, Covid free so far and just finding our winter to be cold and hard! Lots of snow but too cold for it to be really enjoyable with cross country skiing and snow shoeing. The snow clearing has been forcing us to go outside a bit, and I do make an effort to collect the mail daily.

I have been having some challenges with my estrogen suppressor once again (Letrozole), but will try to persevere for a full two years, as recommended by my oncologist. Normally you take it for five years but he has agreed after the two years to just monitor my situation closely. In all honesty it’s probably a combination of the medication and our very strict Covid restrictions that’s taking a toll. Never mess with a woman’s hormones, is what I say! I know I have so much to be grateful for, but your emotions are never rational.

I had my last mammogram on Jan 11, but haven’t received the results yet. But I am sure I would have heard by now if there were any abnormalities. I also had a dental filling restored last Thursday and admit to being a wimp for anything else besides a cleaning. The filling had lasted me 45 years!! My dentist gave me a 20% discount since we dropped our dental coverage. I thought that was very nice - he is very patient, kind and gentle with me as a reluctant patient.

It’s a bit hard to check in every day when I don’t feel I have anything particularly interesting or frugal to share. I do miss you all and thank you for your concern. I will try to keep in touch.

Creative
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:16 pm Hello everyone,

I have kept busy today cleaning up. Cleaning up tickets for work today. Someone just needed to take the time to look closely at them and resole them. That is the benefit of working a quiet weekend.

Did I tell you that I made hotel reservations for a hotel in Cocoa Beach when my parents will be there. Mom will give me a hard time about the $$ when I could stay with them. It is a bit of a trigger for her. She "knows" I make very good money, but since I am her little girl and don't have a spouse to contribute, she worries. But I found the nice hotel. walking distance to the beach that I feel is a reasonable price. Not too cheap and possibly unsafe, but not top of the line...

Anyways, looking forward to having the next 2 days off. I need to decide if I will attend 6 PM Mass. I like to go to 8:30 because it is less crowded and I feel comfortable without a mask. I will see.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie I am happy you are going to have a vacation. You work hard and deserve one.
Janet Alliesmama
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 am Good morning. It is another frosty morning here 12 F but supposed to warm up. Not sure yet what.

Yesterday I got out some fabric for valentine's day, St. Paddy's Day and Easter. I have an oil lamp that I want to make decorative lamp shade covers for. My Mom made some that look like so sweet sort of Colonial, and I want to make some for each season/holiday. They are of course for decoration only. I remove them if there is the need to use the oil lamp. Also started to get things out for Valentine's Day ie wreaths for the doors and some nice things to set out around the house. The house always looks so bare after taking down the Christmas things.
I will be making my birthday dinner for later.

Have a good and frugal day everyone and stay safe.
Happy Birthday Janet!!

I hope your lovely birthday dinner is a success, I'm pretty sure it will be. Here's to more adventures and joy to come!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Mrscreative wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:58 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

Thought I would just briefly pop in after hearing some of you were wondering how I was. My immediate family and myself are all well, Covid free so far and just finding our winter to be cold and hard! Lots of snow but too cold for it to be really enjoyable with cross country skiing and snow shoeing. The snow clearing has been forcing us to go outside a bit, and I do make an effort to collect the mail daily.

I have been having some challenges with my estrogen suppressor once again (Letrozole), but will try to persevere for a full two years, as recommended by my oncologist. Normally you take it for five years but he has agreed after the two years to just monitor my situation closely. In all honesty it’s probably a combination of the medication and our very strict Covid restrictions that’s taking a toll. Never mess with a woman’s hormones, is what I say! I know I have so much to be grateful for, but your emotions are never rational.

I had my last mammogram on Jan 11, but haven’t received the results yet. But I am sure I would have heard by now if there were any abnormalities. I also had a dental filling restored last Thursday and admit to being a wimp for anything else besides a cleaning. The filling had lasted me 45 years!! My dentist gave me a 20% discount since we dropped our dental coverage. I thought that was very nice - he is very patient, kind and gentle with me as a reluctant patient.

It’s a bit hard to check in every day when I don’t feel I have anything particularly interesting or frugal to share. I do miss you all and thank you for your concern. I will try to keep in touch.

Creative

Creative,

I am so glad you checked-in! I miss your posts about walks and outdoorsy things you and DH do. I can understand how this weather had put a kabosh on a lot of those activities. As I was saying to the gals, I miss you weather posts as I could always guess what the weather was like around Duluth. I have cousins that live and hour west and a teeny bit north of there.

Glad to hear things are going okay and no COVID. I often don't have frugal things to say and chores? LOL I just prattle on and people can read or scroll! :mrgreen: Stop in when ya feel like it. I do enjoy hearing from you!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.