Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:48 pm Yea - glad Aaron Rodgers lost!!!
I am so glad that AAron Rodgers lost, too!!

Unfortunately my Bucs just lost to the Rams in the last 4 seconds ☹️. Patti, congrats to the Rams!

I haven’t read all the posts but glad to see one from Creative.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Creative, it's very good to hear from you again. I hope things get better with your medication.

ICFrugal, I am glad your DH is home from the hospital and hope he sticks to his resolve to take better care of himself.

We had our supper of pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs, which is not technically difficult to cook but getting everything done at the same time requires watching things like a hawk. Sitting down at the table is always such a relief!
Mackie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Happy Birthday Janet! I hope you've had a great day.
Patty
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good afternoon,

I am finishing up a "what was I thinking"? days. I decided it would be s good idea to make up my boxes of waffle and pancake mix I stocked up on during the big lockdown. The use by dates were November 2021 so they needed using up. I did not realize how long this would take or how many I would end up with. I also included bits and bobs of egg replacer and milk replacer where needed. Iii am almost finished and have counted out I will have over 3 dozen 5" x 5" Belgian waffle squares that are going in the freezer. DS and I already ate 4 earlier.

Basically I am trying to use up my pandemic stockpile because it's nearing the best by dates. I do have a large canister of pinto beans that I have had stored for five years. I am cooking them in my Instant Pot and they are turning out just fine. I also have bits and Bobs of other things I will be using up. now that this Omicron seems to be peaking and running its course I am really hoping that will end the pandemic as we know it. Of course the virus will always be with us now but hopefully manageable. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part. I have enjoyed unbusying myself and isolating the past 2 years but enough is enough. I am ready to get back on with my life.

I have decided to not worry about DD and her SO. Some online research has shown me he is experiencing a midlife crisis-has all the classic symptoms. It's up to them to figure it all out-whether they want to reconcile or eventually go their separate ways. DD has never really wanted a very close relationship with me for whatever reason. Some pluses I see on my end if they do call it quits is her leaving that firetrap area and moving back into town and living closer to me. His family has never really liked me so that might have steered her away from me as well. It would not bother me to have them totally out of mt life (including her SO if that's what he wants). So I will just go on doing my thing and let them be.

Well time to go mop up things from my cooking marathon. Take care everyone!

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:45 pm I am so glad that AAron Rodgers lost, too!!

Unfortunately my Bucs just lost to the Rams in the last 4 seconds ☹️. Patti, congrats to the Rams!

I haven’t read all the posts but glad to see one from Creative.
That was quite a game!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Update:

Went to Mom and Dad's after work. Stayed for dinner. They were excited that I was coming to Florida. Mom did express a short "aw, you are not staying with us? But they started talking about how she worries about me driving all alone that far. I assured her I would take the trip in 2 days. LOL!

I talked to Dad about some difficulties he is having with a computer file of addresses. I asked him if he Googled the problem. We discussed several ways to phrase his issue. Then we talked about other things he could do to fix it if the file is slightly corrupt. It was kind of funny to me. Mom was just shaking her head.

Have a good evening,
Maggie