Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is another frosty morning here 12 F but supposed to warm up. Not sure yet what.

Yesterday I got out some fabric for valentine's day, St. Paddy's Day and Easter. I have an oil lamp that I want to make decorative lamp shade covers for. My Mom made some that look like so sweet sort of Colonial, and I want to make some for each season/holiday. They are of course for decoration only. I remove them if there is the need to use the oil lamp. Also started to get things out for Valentine's Day ie wreaths for the doors and some nice things to set out around the house. The house always looks so bare after taking down the Christmas things.
I will be making my birthday dinner for later.

Have a good and frugal day everyone and stay safe.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in January 23, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 am Good morning. It is another frosty morning here 12 F but supposed to warm up. Not sure yet what.

Yesterday I got out some fabric for valentine's day, St. Paddy's Day and Easter. I have an oil lamp that I want to make decorative lamp shade covers for. My Mom made some that look like so sweet sort of Colonial, and I want to make some for each season/holiday. They are of course for decoration only. I remove them if there is the need to use the oil lamp. Also started to get things out for Valentine's Day ie wreaths for the doors and some nice things to set out around the house. The house always looks so bare after taking down the Christmas things.

Those shades sound adorable.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 am Good morning. It is another frosty morning here 12 F but supposed to warm up. Not sure yet what.

It is 12 F here as well and I think this is a lovely temperature to greet the day. It will just get warmer, but at this time of year the snow arrives when it warms up.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning. The dogs had me away wayyyyy too early and I am feeling it - so back in bed. I fed the "garage cats" because they were out and at the back door begging. The cellar dwellers can wait.

Very cold morning but they're saying high in the mid 20's today - I'll take it. I will have a walk to Family Dollar/Dollar Tree/Grocery latter. It is challenging but not impossible to get big bags of pet food without a car - I have one of those "carts on wheels" that was a birthday gift from my parents a few years ago - it gets the job done, and although I can't get as large of bags as I would like, I don't have to pay a premium for the small ones either.

I would ask DD's SO for a lift - but right now, between the 3 of us, we don't have a fully functional vehicle - he is working on his and DD's (a 1993 something) is sitting at my parent's house - under carriage fully rusted out - will be sold for parts. It is what it is and I have always been one to look for a solution/work-around and not whine about the situation...option A is not available - okay, what is option B?

Other than the shopping field trip, it will be a great day for relaxing, a movie, hot soup, hot tea, more relaxing. Back to work tomorrow.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning. Wishing our friend Janet - alliesmama4 - the happiest of birthdays!!
Last edited by HappyDaze on Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Happy Birthday to you!🎂