Daily Check-in January 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in January 24, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:12 pm Update:
DD2 is out of surgery, it went well and surgeon happy with the procedure. But she is in a lot of pain, and they are trying to get that under control before letting her go.
This is the DD that does not handle pain at all. I am hoping they can get her thru it quickly, but of course safely.
I think she thought it was going to be in and out and just take it easy for a few days and all will be well. I knew it would be a little more intense than that.
Thank goodness she lives close and I can run down there easily.

JCKitty
Kitty one of the things to be aware of is when she takes pills, she needs to tip her head down. So many people tip their heads back to swallow a pill and that is the worst thing you can do. It actually narrows the throat. I even had the nurse in recovery give me a pill and when I was having difficulty swallowing it due to pain, she said," tip you head back." What the heck? I worked in stroke/ neuro rehab for years and they taught us that patients should tip their heads down if having difficulty when swallowing medications. In fact, everyone should do that if having difficulty with medication.
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Afternoon everyone,

I went to the grocery first thing this morning. it started snowing while I was in the grocery. Then I swung by Sam's for gas. It was not that much cheaper than other places I passes. But on the way home, I thought I was doing well, taking it easy then a car 2 car ahead stopped to make a left-hand turn that I was unable to anticipate. I was not able to stop int time, swerved into the next lane. thankfully nobody there, slid a bit and got the car under control. Then I look and there was a car right behind me. Oh dear, did I cut that person off? As we came to the stop light, I was over to make a left hand turn, I wave my thanks to the lady who had been behind me. She signaled asking if I was OK. I gave her a thumbs up, but was a bit shaky. The snow did stop. We did not accumulate much, but it was enough to make it slick. I think I will not go to my support group meeting, even though I'd love the socialization.

So since then I have been looking up things to do In Cocoa Beach and St. Augustine Fl. Last night Dad talked about digging out tour books. I sent them both emails with websites on both places and wrote" We don't need no stinkin' books". LOL.

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:39 pm My sister was put on hospice Friday with the round of visits starting today. Oxygen was increased to 4 liters and nebrilizer treatment 4 times a day. Just found out one daughter has COVID. Granddaughter has it too, different households and not seen each other since Christmas.she is quarantined with 3 kids. Her dad is the one up here helping about every day. We have all been vacacanated. I have had a sore throat for awhile,so hope I don’t have it. Did see daughter Thursday.
Owned sorry to hear about your DS and the rest of your family. I am putting you on my prayer list. ((hug))
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:01 pm Good Afternoon everyone,

I went to the grocery first thing this morning. it started snowing while I was in the grocery. Then I swung by Sam's for gas. It was not that much cheaper than other places I passes. But on the way home, I thought I was doing well, taking it easy then a car 2 car ahead stopped to make a left-hand turn that I was unable to anticipate. I was not able to stop int time, swerved into the next lane. thankfully nobody there, slid a bit and got the car under control. Then I look and there was a car right behind me. Oh dear, did I cut that person off? As we came to the stop light, I was over to make a left hand turn, I wave my thanks to the lady who had been behind me. She signaled asking if I was OK. I gave her a thumbs up, but was a bit shaky. The snow did stop. We did not accumulate much, but it was enough to make it slick. I think I will not go to my support group meeting, even though I'd love the socialization.

So since then I have been looking up things to do In Cocoa Beach and St. Augustine Fl. Last night Dad talked about digging out tour books. I sent them both emails with websites on both places and wrote" We don't need no stinkin' books". LOL.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Yikes Maggie glad you were ok. Good idea to stay home and be safe.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am the proud owner of a little sleepy head. We go out late maybe 10:00 PM up to 11:00 PM for his last potty break and he sleeps late in the mornings. Sometimes I even wake him up to go out around 10:00 AM. I go to bed late and get up early and he could go out if he wanted to but 98% of the time he just snuggles down on the bed and sleeps when I get up.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:13 pm I am the proud owner of a little sleepy head. We go out late maybe 10:00 PM up to 11:00 PM for his last potty break and he sleeps late in the mornings. Sometimes I even wake him up to go out around 10:00 AM. I go to bed late and get up early and he could go out if he wanted to but 98% of the time he just snuggles down on the bed and sleeps when I get up.
He sounds so sweet!