Daily Check-in January 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check-in January 24, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Sandi, she can be a carrier without being sick with no symptoms. Not likely but it happens. This is why my daughter doesnt want me doing much. This is the same kid that BEFORE Christmas was saying, hey you've had three shots and a flu shot, just use common sense. I did go to crafting yesterday because we are all vaxxed and we are a very small group.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Mackie,
DD has natural strawberry blond hair. Redheads run in both sides of my family.
She has never had any pain tolerance, my mom was the same way. DD1 and myself have excellant pain tolerance to the point the doctor/nurse will say "don't try to be a hero" in other words if you have pain say so.
JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:50 pm Two vaccines, a booster, and masking everywhere he goes. With ALL that, guess who's sick? DH!! He cropped up positive this morning. We rearranged the office and master so that his stuff is all in one place and mine is in another and the two don't meet. He only comes out double-masked. DD is a Lysol fiend, she's cleaning and spraying everything.

Other weird thing... the only possible exposure we figure he's had is via DD, whose clinical assignment last week was the ER, where many new covid patients were brought in. But DD wasn't sick (and by the grace of God, still isn't). So it either skipped her, or she caught it and is completely asymptomatic.

This bug is totally weird. In 23+ years I've never seen this guy truly "sick" - he's had the flu, but all he did was sleep for a full day, declare it "rough," and carry on - no more symptoms. This thing, he sounds horrible and is treating all the symptoms with meds and occasionally saying things like "man, my throat hurts."
Sandi so sorry to hear that your DH has covid. My nephew has it for the second time. The first time he was vaccinated and was waiting to get his booster. This time he was fully vaccinated and boosted. My DB, DSIL and my nephew's wife all vaccinated and boosted and all have covid. Good luck that you and the rest of your family will all be spared and that your DH is on the mend soon.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

SandiSAHM wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:50 pm Two vaccines, a booster, and masking everywhere he goes. With ALL that, guess who's sick? DH!! He cropped up positive this morning. We rearranged the office and master so that his stuff is all in one place and mine is in another and the two don't meet. He only comes out double-masked. DD is a Lysol fiend, she's cleaning and spraying everything.

Other weird thing... the only possible exposure we figure he's had is via DD, whose clinical assignment last week was the ER, where many new covid patients were brought in. But DD wasn't sick (and by the grace of God, still isn't). So it either skipped her, or she caught it and is completely asymptomatic.

This bug is totally weird. In 23+ years I've never seen this guy truly "sick" - he's had the flu, but all he did was sleep for a full day, declare it "rough," and carry on - no more symptoms. This thing, he sounds horrible and is treating all the symptoms with meds and occasionally saying things like "man, my throat hurts."
From what I have read and heard from my virology friends (those that are still in the field and those that just left) sooner or later everyone will come down with the Omicron variant. It is just that those with the vaccine and the booster will in most cases have a milder case. However according to data I have been sent this can still morph into something that puts you in the hospital, even on a vent.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/