Daily Check In January 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In January 25, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

chocolite wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:22 pm This. This is exactly how I feel. I never was a "window shopper" but I do miss being able to walk through a store. And what I hate most of all is that even when the virus is gone, I still won't be able to do it. Nerve damage is a $#!itch. I am mourning this these days, and I'm trying to feel the feelings and not just push them to the back and go somewhere else in my head. It's hard and it's not my normal way of dealing with stuff.
Patty, I know that going into one store doesn’t give you the same sense of freedom as browsing in lots of stores. But I want to let you know for post-pandemic shopping that Kohls offers free wheelchairs for people to use in their stores. My mom walked with a cane. But she would get tired walking in a big store. At Kohls she could use the wheelchair. At our store, they have two, one by each entrance. I even wrote to Kohls corporate to thank them.

I like Kohls for many items although I’m not wild about many of their clothes which are too trendy for me. Their housewares, linens, pjs and various other items are good.

Don’t hesitate to use a wheelchair. My friend wearing the leg boot is using one and is even going to the tourist area near her condo with it. (((Hugs)))
chocolite

Re: Daily Check In January 25, 2022

Post by chocolite »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:39 am Patty, I know that going into one store doesn’t give you the same sense of freedom as browsing in lots of stores. But I want to let you know for post-pandemic shopping that Kohls offers free wheelchairs for people to use in their stores. My mom walked with a cane. But she would get tired walking in a big store. At Kohls she could use the wheelchair. At our store, they have two, one by each entrance. I even wrote to Kohls corporate to thank them.

I like Kohls for many items although I’m not wild about many of their clothes which are too trendy for me. Their housewares, linens, pjs and various other items are good.

Don’t hesitate to use a wheelchair. My friend wearing the leg boot is using one and is even going to the tourist area near her condo with it. (((Hugs)))
Hmm, I've never seen wheelchairs at our Kohls. Granted, it's been a few years since I've been in one. I wonder if it's because Florida has so many retirees? I'll have to call and check on ours. I would gladly take a Kohls shopping experience once the world tilts back on its axis. Thanks for the suggestion!
Patty