Daily Check In January 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In January 25, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

We had a good meeting this morning. Along with some venting about the situation in our town and our crazy mayor and her minions. Want to limit library hours?

Anyway I am just amazed at a couple of the ladies that were there. They are like energizer bunnies - get involved in all sorts of things. And they are not in the best of health.

I did ask them how they did it - and they said - well you do a lot. Hello - mine is mainly done sitting at a desk using social media. Not running all over the big city and actually meeting people face to face. Had enough of that in the military.

But I do wish one would just step back and let others take over for her. She gets ill from it. But I guess it is hard to let go?
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

It has been a miserable weather day here. Nothing like what most of you have but the rain and lack of sun has made it feel so raw even though it is 70 F. in my house. I just put on my coziest fleece pjs (rummage sale find from years ago) and I’ll have more tea which I’ve been drinking off and on.

I’ve never been a shopper or browser unlike many of my generation that haunted the malls. But the past few days I’ve wished so much that I could just go into Bealls, Kirklands, Tuesday Morning etc. and just browse. I HOPE I’ll feel comfortable doing that by March. Sigh. Sometimes I think, oh well if I get the virus it won’t be bad. Then when I read about SandiWAHM’s DH who got it even though vaxxed and wearing masks and feels really lousy (and hopefully won’t get worse). Damn this virus.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

I am incorrect in the truck convoy passing through our city today. It will actually be tomorrow.

Dh is waiting at the dealership for my car. I guess when they said it would take all day, they meant it!

I too long to go inside a shop to browse, even though I am not much of a shopper. It’s been about a month since I last entered even a grocery store. And without any of my 55 Plus programs and the library , life is starting to become somewhat boring. I know it’s my responsibility to find things I love to do, but it’s just been difficult lately. I hate social isolation! FaceTime and Zoom meetings are just not the same.

Enough whining - off to make dinner.

Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

No one wanted the rescued food, so it came home with me and I plated it up for my lunches next week. I will cook a tasty green side to add to the containers in the freezer this weekend.

Although the media has said Omicron is generally mild, we have had some awfully sick kids on campus. It seems not predictable, this virus, as to whether it will just thump you on the cheek or kick your behind good. Or worse.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:29 pm I am incorrect in the truck convoy passing through our city today. It will actually be tomorrow.

Dh is waiting at the dealership for my car. I guess when they said it would take all day, they meant it!

I too long to go inside a shop to browse, even though I am not much of a shopper. It’s been about a month since I last entered even a grocery store. And without any of my 55 Plus programs and the library , life is starting to become somewhat boring. I know it’s my responsibility to find things I love to do, but it’s just been difficult lately. I hate social isolation! FaceTime and Zoom meetings are just not the same.

Enough whining - off to make dinner.

Creative
Such stupidity on those taking part. Even if the mandates are dropped here re truckers not being vaccinated, there is still the US mandate that says they need to be to enter the US.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

I have repackaged the meats I got in my instacart order, remembered to mark them :roll: and have them in the meat section of the freezer. It is getting increasingly harder to find any deals on meat of any type. Aldi's bacon was out of stock and the name brand bacon was almost 8.00 per pound...Nope! will not pay that price, I am going to get a meat list from someone I know that works at a pork plant in the next county.
I did get a deal on leg quarters,10# for 7.56. and split chicken breast with bone in for 1.99 per pound so will continue looking weekly for deals on beef and pork.

I too wish I could feel comfortable going into a store to just browse, I am just way too fearful. I have covid fatigue so bad but having had it in the family I just will not chance it.
FloridaCat, I am sure your deposition was nerve wracking. Just try to put in the past and not worry about it. This advice coming from a world class confirmed worry wort LOL

Supposed to be really cold overnight into tomorrow. I may spend tomorrow in some fleecey pj pants and a sweatshirt LOL.

I am going to do seasoned beef short ribs overnight on top the woodstove, I might make some cheese grits to go with it or might stick with garlic mashed potatoes.
I am thawing a whole chicken for Thursday or Friday to be cooked on the rotisserie...I will marinate it over night. I have a countertop rotisserie to cook it on.

I have decided to get rid of my air-fryer, DD thinks she wants it. I have tried to like it but just don't :?
Orange juice prices are supposed to go up a lot :(
Edited to add: Great job Mackie on the food save, I would have done the same thing! I might have brought just a bit of the disgusting stuff home for your neighbors ducks and chickens LOL
JCKitty