Daily Check In January 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In January 25, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Dumb question-how do we know specifically that the form we get is Omicrom. A test just shows positive, correct? Are we assuming now that any contagion is automatically Omicron? Said as a woman with little to no medical knowledge.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I'm thinking they're using the same test for all the variants.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Had to get up early today - have a library meeting. OMG - why so early? But everyone else is all out and about by 8. I have enjoyed staying in bed until 11 or noon. Sometimes I wish I had all y'alls get up and go.

Almost dressed. Just have to put on the other shoe. The pups have all gone out and are eating. They better behave while I am gone.

Have a great day

Wow - the sun is out!!!!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Jackie, I do that with the water capture. In winter I put it into the pot on top of my woodstore for added humidity.

DD2 is doing good, she is so used to being at work that she is bored staying home but said she is trying to just piddle around and do stuff she can physically handle.

I put in an Aldi's instacart order, all stuff for DD2, she wants to do some cooking and that is a good thing LOL!
I will get the SUV out as it needs started anyway. I want to lay eyes on her anyway. Mothers perogative! :lol:
I will just do my everyday chores today and piddle around.
I have already fed and watered the chickens and brought in extra firewood. It is so cold and dry outside, yes we have snow but the air is very dry.
Looking at Pinterest and longing for Spring LOL
Prayers for all,
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:58 am Dumb question-how do we know specifically that the form we get is Omicrom. A test just shows positive, correct? Are we assuming now that any contagion is automatically Omicron? Said as a woman with little to no medical knowledge.
Up here in Canada we are told to assume that if the rapid test shows positive that it is the Omicron variant. Mainly because that is the dominate variant here right now. Only if your symptoms get worse are you to go to the testing site and then they send it for testing to see if it is alpha, delta or omicron.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I gathered and put out my garbage and trash.

I scanned several documents into my computer. I have cut out 4 of the Sugar Skull fabric in red. I left the other 2 uncut.

I still need to cut out the pansy fabric that is more difficult to cut, as I have approximately a one yard piece.

I haven’t decided what lunch will be I am thinking of Corn, tomatoes and ground beef. This is the recipe a little girl I took care of years ago created when she was staying with us when we lived at Fort Sam. Mom went to her brother's funeral, she was very mad mom didn't take her but did take baby brother, she was still nursing him. She was in First Grade.

She didn’t like what I was cooking so I asked her what she wanted. We went to the commissary I let her pick out a cereal plus I bought the ingredients she loved it, the family loved it. Mom, of course had never fixed it. I don’t know if she ever did after that.

I am working on my extra help to pay my Medicare premium.

Penny