Daily Check in Jan 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Jan 26, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

It is another fairly dark, coldish day here. The sun came out briefly. Tomorrow is supposed to be our best day and I’ll go to mom’s house. Then a cold front will come through over the weekend and we may even have a freeze. I hope not for the sake of the plants.

I’ve been working on my puzzle, watching some YouTube and doing laundry.

I see that Supreme Court Justice Breyer (a liberal) will retire. I’m a moderate (not a progressive or liberal) but given the makeup of the court, I hope that President Biden names a real liberal.

Take care all.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 am I understand completely. I worked in a job that I hated for 30 years only because I couldn't duplicate the pay or vacation time. When they let me go (the day after a Labor Day holiday) I decided that any job I took in the future was going to be one I liked. Unfortunately the one I took after them was even worse. Dumped that one while my boss was in Germany. My last two bosses were the best and I really appreciated them and the job. Here's wishing you the best in your search.
when I was in my 20's I had a job that paid very well, but.... I was not unhappy when I was laid off, the next job didn't pay as much, but I was so happy there that I couldn't believe that I was being paid.

Here's to your search

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Got my free covid test kits this morning - that was fast!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

Just lost a post that went out into the ether net. UGH!

I got started late today. I stayed in bed listening to CBC radio shows until just after the 10 am news. Booted myself out of bed and had a shower. I spent some time watching the news and have to get the laundry organized and done. I'll put the air dry stuff over the couch and the rest in the dryer.

Not much else going to happen today. I had a sandwich for breakfast and pinto beans with salsa for lunch. I don't know what I am going to do for supper but it will probably be eggs and hash browns.

That's really all that's going on!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Haven't done all that much today. It is really cold and most of the house stuff is already done..so..I finished a book my DDIL had lent me.
Roasting chicken for dinner.
Mackie...sorry about your boss leaving. I hope you can find something else that is not so strenuous....covid dangerous....and demanding.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:05 pm I have looked at the discount cards. But this one will still be well over 100 bucks for thirty days even with and right now it's a90 day scrip. I dont have the energy to call the doc today but I will tomorrow
The doctor may be able to call the insurance company and ask that it be considered an exception which can sometimes be effective in lowering the cost of a drug.