Daily Check in Jan 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check in Jan 26, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

I have looked at the discount cards. But this one will still be well over 100 bucks for thirty days even with and right now it's a90 day scrip. I dont have the energy to call the doc today but I will tomorrow
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:32 pm Good afternoon!

Sun's out and it's now a balmy 12 degrees :D

Not a lot going on. Been through the grocery ads ... couple of things I want to pick up from Kroger in the next day or so. Taking care of some bills and other business, too.

Began adding dry food back to Little Girl's diet; she's polishing it off, so another step back to normal.

Mackie, I don't blame you; in fact, I'm amazed that you've been able to stick it out this long. Am I right that you mentioned that you'd paid off your house? Hope that will give you a bit more flexibility in a job hunt.

Quilter: Do you have a soft ball or roller that you could use to gently massage your back? (Or just put it up against a wall and lean on it if its too painful to move?)
We have paid off our house. The grand plan is to be completely debt-free by July, but looking at what we owe in consumer debt, we can probably do it a couple of months sooner, if Fate allows. DH is in a spell of full catastrophe thinking right now. But because I spent so many years out of the workforce raising DS and looking after my mom, and then not being paid a lot, it's not going to hurt me that much to retire at 63 instead of 66.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

It is cold here below 0 this morning when I got up and wind chill was supposedly -25 but because I live tucked up in the woods I couldn't feel any wind when I went out to take care of animals...just cold.

Mackie, I swear my last job/boss gave me PTSD, I still get very anxious when I pass my old office or if I see him anywhere. I truly hope you can find something else that suits you.

I have picked the meat from the shortribs that I cooked overnight on the woodstove...I think I am making some hash with it. it is far too greasy to eat as is. I have the fat and bones back on the stove, rendering the fat and will use the bone broth either for dog food or ????
I dry rubbed the whole chicken last night and let it marinate overnight. I have it in the countertop rotisserie cooking now.

Quilter, I was paying 2.00 for my prescription eye drops before I developed an allergy to them and the new scrip was 285.00 I used good rx one month and it brought it to 187.00 if I am remembering my numbers correctly I called my doctor and they suggested calling the company and I am now on their program for 50 per month...they send it to me and shipping in refrigerated shipping is free.

Laundry is done and hung to dry. Food is planned and cooking, one more floor to vacuum and then I am going to read or rest.
I do need to bring in extra wood this afternoon.

JCKitty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Thanks everyone. For years my blood sugar was in the low 6 range with the A1C and managed with Glipizide. Then I gained weight and got covic lazy and all sorts of things. I've now given up soda, am walking forty minutes a day and have lost weight and am cutting carbs so I may be over relaxed in thinking it will be lower soon and I can go off the darned stuff anyway. Im going to increase my efforts three or fourfold.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Household tasks completed and grocery list made. I think I have everything down that we need and a couple of wants.

Pulled out supper and it should be thawed in time to put it in the oven.

Working on the toque now.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:21 pm Thanks everyone. For years my blood sugar was in the low 6 range with the A1C and managed with Glipizide. Then I gained weight and got covic lazy and all sorts of things. I've now given up soda, am walking forty minutes a day and have lost weight and am cutting carbs so I may be over relaxed in thinking it will be lower soon and I can go off the darned stuff anyway. Im going to increase my efforts three or fourfold.
Quilter, at my pharmacy I can get a single month if a Rx is written for three months but not the other way around. So see if you can get one month. I agree with Kitty about checking with the pharmaceutical company. Many of the programs exclude Medicare and Medicaid recipients but some programs are available. Years ago, while mom was on Medicare she received a full year of her bone density Rx either for free or very low cost but she did have to meet the income requirements. Good luck.