Daily Check in Jan 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check in Jan 26, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A bit cooler day than yesterday but a lot more sun :) ; makes for a much more pleasant one, don't you think?

Did my daily routine and then some paperwork before running off to the post office.

I'm re-working next month's menu based on my last two grocery purchases. Then the rest of the day will be spontaneous.

Tonight's dinner will be a hamburger with veggies. I also will have some sliced banana sprinkled with ground cinnamon and plain yogurt.

Well that's it for now. Have a wonderful day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Hello everyone. Mackie, I feel your pain. It does seem to me that they require a lot of you physically especially.

Not my most chipper of days today. Had I known that my med was going up to one fifty a month I might have been able to plan for it but right now I am just on the glipizide it looks like till February. I am not overly worried. I have lost fifteen pounds since December 8th and completely given up real soda and working on milk and am exercising. but I am still going to send my doc an email and ask if there is a reasonable substitute that comes in Generic form. I am blessed to have good insurance and good prescription coverage so I have become spoiled and this one has hit me for a loop. Hopefully my actions have already lowered my A!C drastically to it's norm.

On top of that, I never ever have back pain and I cannot walk, almost it is so bad. I added some weight training to my routing(new weight training). Maybe I said that before? And even walking and turning over in bed was excruciating yesterday. It's not on my spine but on one side, its the muscles there. So today I will walk in ten minute increments slowly around the house and do what stretching activities I can do from a chair or on the bed. Sheesh. I tell you.

In better news, I have been going through all my donated fabric and making plans for donations quilts for kids and at least one large twin for a kid graduating from foster care. At least I sew in an executive office chair and can put a pillow behind me.

I'd like to work on a menu today and finish my project plans, but probably not happening. I REALLY need at least milk and lettuce and some fruit so I am hoping that I will feel well enough after a hot shower this afternoon to go into a store for five minutes. If not I will just have to make do.

I am thankfull that even though it's cool the sun is coming through the window and I am wrapped in a blanket and have plenty to do from my seated state!
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!

Sun's out and it's now a balmy 12 degrees :D

Not a lot going on. Been through the grocery ads ... couple of things I want to pick up from Kroger in the next day or so. Taking care of some bills and other business, too.

Began adding dry food back to Little Girl's diet; she's polishing it off, so another step back to normal.

Mackie, I don't blame you; in fact, I'm amazed that you've been able to stick it out this long. Am I right that you mentioned that you'd paid off your house? Hope that will give you a bit more flexibility in a job hunt.

Quilter: Do you have a soft ball or roller that you could use to gently massage your back? (Or just put it up against a wall and lean on it if its too painful to move?)
Last edited by LWolfT on Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Well I stayed in bed until 11! And loved it. All warm and cuddly with my pups. Wasn't really sleeping just relaxing. I did get up earlier and took them all out. It is so funny how they come back in and jump right into bed and we all relax. This might have to be my new normal.

My sibling did call about 830 to tell me to go eat breakfast with them. I had just fallen asleep again. I said - no way Jose.

And found out one of our friends is stuck in a covid infested house. Well she babysits her grandson during the week in a very rural town about an hour away. Her SIL turned up positive. They told her to come home, but she is worried about the baby. And I don't blame her. So they are isolating the SIL and hope all turns out well. SIL and daughter don't believe in the vaccine so not vaccinated. She is. Crazy folks. It is a very red county out there.

I have a couple of tasks I have to do today. And will throw some ribs in the crockpot for dinner.

Have a great day. Praying for all.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:13 am Good Moring,

The dogs went out, waiting for them to come back in so that I can go back to bed.

Yesterday turned out ok.

Didn't start out great.

DH and I had a fight, again, he wants to go somewhere where they will "take care of him" GOOD GRIEF!!! I wasn't very nice I asked him if he should say that to the person that he depends on.

Turned out ok, he got over his hissy fit.

So, took him to breakfast, took Sophie with us, and went to a park, I walked her while he ate in the car.

Came home waited for the dishwasher repair person, a nice man came just on time, turns out that the filters were dirty, he said that they should be cleaned once month, (should I tell you that I've never cleaned them ??? :| ) showed me how to cleans them and he made sure that I knew how to clean them before he left.

IC
Hey the hotel idea sounds good. I remember when my older brother was getting more ill, we told him if he didn't want anyone to help him, he could move into the Holiday Inn in the town next to us. It was right next to the hospital! They would take him over as needed.

He could afford it.

I used to spend months in hotels when we traveled with the air force. I love it. Talk about a simple life.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

quilter - have you looked into those drugstore discount cards? GoodRx?