Daily Check-in January 27, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in January 27, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I got a call yesterday afternoon, canceling my lab appointment for Feb 3. They are short staffed. They will do labs when I see the Doctor on Feb 9. Then call me with results.

So I called Comfort Care and canceled my ride.

Today I have to empty the dishwasher, I set it off just before supper last night. There was no room for my supper dishes.

I emptied all the bottles I had filled with tap water, I put them on top of the back of the washer. Out of my way but handy.

Refilled 2 empty quart vinegar bottles, and pitched the half gallon bottle.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

You got this Maggie! You are a great example of a hard working independent woman.

Well it isn't as cold here but to us - we are wimps. It is 52 degrees and sunny. Should hit the mid 60s.

I've done the usual this morning - let the pups out. I was up between 8-830 with them. Then we went back to bed. I have been enjoying these morning sleep ins. It helps since I am also up at 4, 5 and sometimes 6.

I feel more rested doing this. Getting old is rough.

Have crochet class this afternoon. Now that is a good time to start. I have been bad and have not been practicing. I think I need to do that outside the house. So might start going to the library and do that there. They have comfy chairs and I can sit there and practice.

Hope all have a great day.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

I didn’t check in yesterday as I wasn’t feeling well - guess the side effects of the Shingrix vaccine caught up with my after all. My arm felt like it weighed 100 pounds! The good thing is I feel pretty much back to normal now.

We got a dusting of snow, so I helped Dh and shoveled the back deck and sidewalk clear. It felt good to get outside. Still fairly cool at minus 17 C or 1.4 F but bearable when bundled up. I wasn’t outside at all yesterday and honestly slept most of the day away.

This morning Dh needed to go to the bank to cash two cheques (frugal) and then went to fill up my gas tank ( not so frugal but absolutely necessary especially with our cold.) We never like to let the gas get below half in the winter. I went along for the ride and it helps to see a change of scenery even though I didn’t leave the car.

When we came back I cut up the fresh pineapple and cut up some sweet peppers, grape tomatoes and green onions for our lunch salad .

I will go for at least a two mile walk this afternoon in our neighborhood. It’s really sunny outside and I will be fine when bundled up. I certainly seem to need to spend time outside to feel good. I have two books to return to our little library and will check for some new reading material.

I hope you all have ja wonderful day!
Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, you are retired and in your 60s now. Sleep in if you need it. Life is too short to shamble around tired, hon.

I am eating homemade soup in a dim*, quiet office, having finished the morning mail and locked the office door at noon. We have only four Covid kids right now (may it decrease and this wave be over with!), so I am hoping for a peaceful workday.

*Can't leave the lights on or the students, who cannot read the "Out to Lunch" sign, bang on the door and peer through the glass.
Mackie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:28 am I almost have this once every two weeks shopping down and am thinking of trying for once every three weeks. Just our fresh milk does not go for that long and I tried freezing and thawing it once (took forever in the fridge) and even after shaking it the taste was a bit too sweet for our liking. I guess what I could do is just a dairy run on the second week and a bigger shop on the third.... Must think this out logically.
Jackie, I have a question. I'd really like to go to every other week grocery shopping, but for the produce... How do you keep fresh produce on hand? My DH likes bananas and even in a green bag they're sometimes too ripe in a week. And salads -- do you have a storage tip on keeping salad greens/bell peppers, etc. good for two weeks?
Patty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I got my battery and it worked out well. They said I had $60 credit remaining on my old battery so it only cost me $106 for the battery and installation. I was happy. I got gas and my tank was on 1/4 but I have not bought gas since before Christmas. Plus, to me our gas prices are not bad, $3.15/gallon.

Now to go out in mom’s yard and do something.

It is getting harder and harder to use my phone for the forum. I hate the videos and I can’t see what I’m writing anyway because of the cookie notice which I can’t never can click off. I love you all, but …