Anyone use CashApp?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Anyone use CashApp?

Post by clemencia2us »

So many folks use this - younger folks.

I have used Venmo once but this I am kind of on the fence about.
Jackielou

Re: Anyone use CashApp?

Post by Jackielou »

I have never heard of this before. Heck when we give youngest DS an etransfer of some cash for his mortgage we will need him on the phone to talk us through.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Clem I use Zelle which is similar to Venmo but owned by USAA. You can do it directly on the USAA app. Jackie I can't speak to Canadian banking practices, but I can put my kid's bank accounts on transfer only within my bank account. So I can send money to my son directly even though he has a different bank. I have thought of using cash app, and when I had a facebook business page they used to always give me suggestions to do it all the time, but I use a paypal scanner thing on my phone for credit cards.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Clem, I have only used Venmo - it's how I've been paid for my dog-sitting gigs - but now that I won't be doing that any longer, I am probably going to cancel/delete/uninstall it -- not sure yet.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:17 am Clem I use Zelle which is similar to Venmo but owned by USAA. You can do it directly on the USAA app. Jackie I can't speak to Canadian banking practices, but I can put my kid's bank accounts on transfer only within my bank account. So I can send money to my son directly even though he has a different bank. I have thought of using cash app, and when I had a facebook business page they used to always give me suggestions to do it all the time, but I use a paypal scanner thing on my phone for credit cards.
oh wait - that is what i have - Zelle via USAA. Not venmo. I trust USAA, anything else it is iffy.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I do zelle with usaa all the time. I'm just sure for my own purposes to put what it's for in the subject line.